I think I am the only Conservative on the Board

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Am I?

Yup
80%
Nah Me Too
20%

Total votes: 15

Fettuccine_Alfredo

Post by Fettuccine_Alfredo »

Hand of poo-". To me, it stands for people who believe that reality is truth, and only in moderation will anything succeed. And I feel far safer with a conservative in office, who believes in WHATSOEVER they may feel is right, than with a liberal who feels they need to kiss the ass of the entire world."

Actully that is the difference of a delaget (sp?) and a trustee

which both and pardon me for being pc for the first time in my life but both liberal and conseritve Presidents have been known to be both and is not always true in the case of conservitive presidents.... All though i would aggree in the statement that alot of conservitives are trustees but only because they want to rule us like kings and in the furture aquire laser vision so the can kill us prols with one glance.....
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). ......... You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. .........
jojo the circus monkey

Post by jojo the circus monkey »

DominaCrystal wrote:Saying that "i cant afford college" is not an excuse...
spoken like a true poor minority.

if you join the military you make a sh*at load of money
are you forking stoned?!?!?!?!
I have a friend who is doing that. Poor people can enlist and go to college.
when said friend gets into a college that isn't ipfw or ivy tech, let me know.

what kind of forking moron says the cost of college isn't a factor?!?!?!?!
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Thank god I wasn't foolosh enough to enlist for money.
justin maloney

Post by justin maloney »

DominaCrystal wrote:Saying that "i cant afford college" is not an excuse, if you join the military you make a sh*at load of money to pay your way through college and have extra. I have a friend who is doing that. Poor people can enlist and go to college.
Exactly what you are saying is an issue that many people have right now. The Poor go off and fight and die for our country while the rich sit home and get richer.
How about pushing the candidates to expand job corps? Wouldn't it be a great and novel idea to reward someone for volunteering as a tutor to children with a college education?
For the life of me I don't understand why this program is not pursued more. It seems like such a win win situaton to me. A child that cannot read or has problems with math, science... is taught and thus is more able to contribute to our society in a positive way, while the person doing the tutoring has their college education paid for.
We as U.S. citizens need to wake up and smell the coffee. How long will we be able to consider ourselves "smarter" than the rest of the world when countries like India provide free schooling up to the persons first doctorate?
Dog
Regular
Regular

Post by Dog »

justin maloney wrote:How about pushing the candidates to expand job corps?
are you talking about the Job Corps program itself? there is a national program as such, i attended for bout 2 and a half years in massachusettes. became a certified welder. although the program is good for what it teaches and the skills it gave, it was a joke. 99% of the people there (myself excluded) were there because a judge told them it was there or jail. i spent two years of my life in that hell hole with people some of whom were the coolest people i've met and still am in contact (hell one i live with, and he's the reason i'm even in indiana now) with but for the most part it was full of unwilling participants who learned nothing, gave nothing and gained nothing from the entire experience. i liveed with 700 some odd miscreants in a forking 10X10 whitewashed stone forking cube on a cot 5 feet away from a guy who was in there for stabbing his girlfriend in the stomache. the people i "lived" with chose actively and daily to do or become nothing, to learn nothing, to have nothing and to BE nothing. i spent two years of my life learning a trade that has proven to be entirely forking useless, because i didn't have the money to join the union MASS LOCAL 7 IRONWORKERS CAN SUCK MY HAIRY butthead BY THE WAY!! and because i didn't have what they liked to refer to as "real work experience." so in general a big floppy piss of to job corps. may as well have been prison. the only useful thing i learned how to do in that place was bad tattoos.
http://www.myspace.com/thestaggerers
http://www.myspace.com/tomfckingmcsod
Dog
Regular
Regular

Post by Dog »

sorry bout that.. as someone else started saying elsewhere in the boards,

/rant off

or something like that
http://www.myspace.com/thestaggerers
http://www.myspace.com/tomfckingmcsod