draft

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Which Candidate Will Reinstate the Draft

Bush
25%
Kerry
No votes
niether
75%

Total votes: 8

Bjart Sod
Regular
Regular

Post by Bjart Sod »

I don't think either candidate is actually going to push for the draft. Maybe some representative might, but it's not really necessary right now. Both Bush and Kerry would rather see more Iraqi troops in action, and Kerry at least would also rather pull in Allied troops, if for some reason more were needed.
[i]Bound his hands, slit his throat
Three Masons stole his life away
And dumped him in the cold Ontario[/i]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Neither candidate will reinstate the draft. The bills currently being debated in the house and senate were both drafted by anti-war, leftist democrats - Charles Rangel and Fritz Hollings. The only reason they drafted them was because they know any discussion of a draft will turn more people against the war, just like it did in Vietnam.
Bush and Cheney have both publicly, on the record, stated they think it's a terrible idea to have anyone in the military who is not there voluntarily. Volunteers will fight harder and do their job better because they believe in what they're doing - hence the 40-50 percent poll leads for Bush with the armed forces.
Right now, people are signing up becuase they believe in the cause, whether you do or not, and are willing to sacrafice their lives for it. That's what we want.
Also, there is a great deal of debate about required troop levels going on. Rummy and Bush would actually like to see even smaller numbers of troops, as they both believe in the efficiency of a smaller, more flexible military, utilizing high technology, rather than vast numbers of grunt soldiers to do the work. Obviously, there are those in the military who disagree with them, but there are plenty who do agree with them as well. That's why it's called a policy debate.
So, you can ignore all the pundits worried about dwindling troop numbers. That's by design, and all 4 branches of the military are still turning people away.
Once again, there will be no draft. This is nothing more than fear mongering by democrats, hoping to scare you into voting for Kerry because you think Bush will draft you (or your kids, grandkids, friends, cousins, etc...).
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Rummy and Bush would actually like to see even smaller numbers of troops, as they both believe in the efficiency of a smaller, more flexible military, utilizing high technology, rather than vast numbers of grunt soldiers to do the work.
Isn't this the special forces? Rangers, S.E.A.L.s, Pararescue, etc?
That's by design, and all 4 branches of the military are still turning people away.
Sometimes they have to. Not everyone passes the requirements for military service.
jojo the circus monkey

Re: draft

Post by jojo the circus monkey »

bassjones wrote:So, by now I'm sure you've all heard that Bush is going to reinstate the draft, right?

i heard the idea was thrown around. personally, i hope to forking christ they do it. hell, i hope they do anything that sends mah people into a frenzy.
All the signatures supporting the bill are liberal Democrats.
dude, WHO GIVES A f**k?!?!?!?!?! i think you should pay to have to use the word "liberal" "sociology" "democrat" and "republican". then maybe you'd vary your vocabular arsenal.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

dude, WHO GIVES A f*ck?!?!?!?!?! i think you should pay to have to use the word "liberal" "sociology" "democrat" and "republican". then maybe you'd vary your vocabular arsenal.
As opposed to the sophomoric language spewing from your computer? :shock:
You pinhead... :P

And the reason it matters is people like you are accusing Bush of wanting to reinstate it, when it's people on their side who've brought it up and are pushing it, for disingenuine reasons (care to look that up, or should I just define it for you in my next post?)
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Canusares

Post by Canusares »

Lol, I could just run back to Canada instead. Paperwork is already done haha
Clever One
Regular
Regular

Post by Clever One »

I can't be drafted :D
Im a licensed minister with the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World which has in it's constitution and by-laws that as a part of our religion we are pacificists (we don't believe in fighting, especially war and the killing of other human beings for any reason, nor do we support it in any way). They can't even send me as a chaplain (that would be supporting the war).

It's good to be religious :D
-The Apostle
Get Ready For The Revolution!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/CleverOne/CKCbusinessCard.jpg[/img]
Bjart Sod
Regular
Regular

Post by Bjart Sod »

So could Catholics get out, since the Pope was against the war?
[i]Bound his hands, slit his throat
Three Masons stole his life away
And dumped him in the cold Ontario[/i]
mattjericho
RockStar
RockStar
Location: Dayton, first in flight, last in minor leauge hockey attendance.

Post by mattjericho »

bassjones wrote:There was supposed to be another poll option - Neither - which would be my vote.
***POLL RESET TO ALLOW FOR A -NIETHER- OPTION PLEASE RE-VOTE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE***
[b]Okay, think of what little patience I have as, oh, I don't know, your virginity. You always thought it would be there, until that night Junior Year when you were feeling a little down about yourself and your pal Kevin, who just wanted to be friends, well, he dropped by and he brought a copy of About Last Night and a four-pack of Bartels & James and woo hoo hoo, it was gone forever - just like my patience is now.
[/b]
simon

Post by simon »

I can't be drafted
Im a licensed minister with the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World which has in it's constitution and by-laws that as a part of our religion we are pacificists (we don't believe in fighting, especially war and the killing of other human beings for any reason, nor do we support it in any way). They can't even send me as a chaplain (that would be supporting the war).

It's good to be religious
I am also a pacificist by religion, but it would be hard to prove it.
THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH, A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE.
V. Morgenstern

Post by V. Morgenstern »

bassjones wrote:
dude, WHO GIVES A f*ck?!?!?!?!?! i think you should pay to have to use the word "liberal" "sociology" "democrat" and "republican". then maybe you'd vary your vocabular arsenal.
As opposed to the sophomoric language spewing from your computer? :shock:

And the reason it matters is people like you are accusing Bush of wanting to reinstate it, when it's people on their side who've brought it up and are pushing it, for disingenuine reasons (care to look that up, or should I just define it for you in my next post?)
Seeing that 'ol Bassjones is my equivalent to Lex Luther on this board and seeing that Adam is a friend of mine, I am stepping in this one: You need to stop being such a pinhead and insulting people you don't know s*hit about this on this board. He is actually pretty educated on the issues, especially for someone his age! I can't believe how glaringly you represent the hypocritical right-wing factions of this country. I will give you credit where credit is due though, at least you keep up on the issues, and can effectively argue a point even if I find them fundamentally loathsome! Now stop attacking people because they use some vulgarity and humor in their posts. It's not their fault that they have a sense of humor, and that almost by default of your political, philosophical, and religious leanings that you can't afford to muster a decent sense of humor!
Last edited by V. Morgenstern on Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1624 N. Harrison shows www.myspace.com/1624nharrisonstreet
http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/1624nharrisonhouse:
FEB 22nd: Buried Inside (CAN) (www.myspace.com/buriedinside)
The Dream Is Dead (INDY)(www.myspace.com/thedreamisdead)
Nixon (Louisville) (www.myspace.com/nixon)
Graves of the Endless Fall (FTW) (www.myspace.com/gravesoftheendlessfall)
Sredni Vashtar (FTW)
jojo the circus monkey

Post by jojo the circus monkey »

bassjones wrote:As opposed to the sophomoric language spewing from your computer? :shock:
"pinhead" is freshmonic. face it: insults are childish. no other way around it.
bassjones wrote:And the reason it matters is people like you are accusing Bush of wanting to reinstate it
weird... that doesn't sound like what poor misunderstood jojo wrote
jojo the circus monkey wrote:i heard the idea was thrown around.
and that almost by default of your political, philosophical, and religious leanings that you can afford to muster a decent sense of humor!
haha yeah no sh*t. the closest thing to a joke that "right wing" people ever make is usually like this:

"that liberal policy just bleeds weakness like the candidate who proposed it"

or

"that guy spins the facts around. the facts are the facts. they aren't biased. he's a mockumentarian."
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

to morganstern and jojo, if you didn't pay attention the emoticon after "pinhead" was the Razz, as in pplhh... I was just having a little fun. Sorry if you were offended.

Actually, I find several conservatives to be quite witty and funny. Rush, Hannity, Dennis Miller (more of a moderate) definitely not O'Reilly, and myself if you knew me aside from my political views expressed on this board which I do take quite seriously.

I on the other hand don't find Michael Moore funny at all. I don't find Margaret Cho the least bit amusing.

I do think Sean Penn is a terrific actor, even if I disagree with practically everything he stands for. I think most of the musicians I like are in disagreement with my viewpoints too - Dave Matthews, Sting, Ben Harper, etc... and most of the musicians who agree with me suck musically - Ted Nugent, Toby Keith (Put most Country music in that category)
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
V. Morgenstern

Post by V. Morgenstern »

bassjones wrote:to morganstern and jojo, if you didn't pay attention the emoticon after "pinhead" was the Razz, as in pplhh... I was just having a little fun. Sorry if you were offended.

Actually, I find several conservatives to be quite witty and funny. Rush, Hannity, Dennis Miller (more of a moderate) definitely not O'Reilly, and myself if you knew me aside from my political views expressed on this board which I do take quite seriously.

I on the other hand don't find Michael Moore funny at all. I don't find Margaret Cho the least bit amusing.

I do think Sean Penn is a terrific actor, even if I disagree with practically everything he stands for. I think most of the musicians I like are in disagreement with my viewpoints too - Dave Matthews, Sting, Ben Harper, etc... and most of the musicians who agree with me suck musically - Ted Nugent, Toby Keith (Put most Country music in that category)
Pinhead is pinhead, dumb emoticon or not.

Rush is an immature prick. Actually, some of the same adjectives that are used against Michael Moore I think could be more readily applied to Rush. I have never bothered to listen to much of Sean Hannity, and although Dennis Miller used to be funny, he is a f*ucking turncoat. And at least you think Bill O'Reilly is definitely not a funny man in the direct sense. He sure gets a laugh for being a prick though.
1624 N. Harrison shows www.myspace.com/1624nharrisonstreet
http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/1624nharrisonhouse:
FEB 22nd: Buried Inside (CAN) (www.myspace.com/buriedinside)
The Dream Is Dead (INDY)(www.myspace.com/thedreamisdead)
Nixon (Louisville) (www.myspace.com/nixon)
Graves of the Endless Fall (FTW) (www.myspace.com/gravesoftheendlessfall)
Sredni Vashtar (FTW)
Haggard
Regular
Regular

Post by Haggard »

V. Morgenstern wrote:
bassjones wrote:to morganstern and jojo, if you didn't pay attention the emoticon after "pinhead" was the Razz, as in pplhh... I was just having a little fun. Sorry if you were offended.

Pinhead is pinhead, dumb emoticon or not.

Rush is an immature prick. Actually, some of the same adjectives that are used against Michael Moore I think could be more readily applied to Rush. I have never bothered to listen to much of Sean Hannity, and although Dennis Miller used to be funny, he is a f*ucking turncoat. And at least you think Bill O'Reilly is definitely not a funny man in the direct sense. He sure gets a laugh for being a prick though.
When did Dennis Miller change up? I haven't heard from him since the show was on HBO. Do you mean he is a hardcore conservative now? that sucks ass, he is one of my favorites.
This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice.

[img]http://www.wm3.org/database_images/banners/WM3chainBLACKbg.gif[/img]