Which is worse?

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

Here's the question that rarely gets answered. What would cause you to change your position on this topic....

For me, it's easy. Building a group of satellite states which serve the US. The Soviets did this in eastern Europe, the British did this with their colonies, same with the French, Spanish, Portugese, Chinese, etc.

It how these countries are built. Are we installing puppet governments which solely support US interests? Doesn't look like it in Afghanistan and most definitely in Iraq.
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

bassjones wrote:I believe we were trying to isolate Iran as much as anything. Iraq is a pretty good strategic vantagepoint to have a US friendly government in power. That guy really is nuts, as was Hussein. I'm glad we took him out of power and I think Iran is sufficiently isolated now. For all the posturing by other leaders criticizing Bush, they seem to pay a lot of attention behind closed doors.
Even the most militarized section of Iraq (the Green Zone) has been under attack. There's no such thing as a "government in power" beyond a puppet regime that can't even wipe its own ass without US issue toilet paper.

What it all boils down to is we have polar opposite views on the issue and no amount of typing will serve to lessen said gap. As such, I'm done with the back and forth.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

:) good call.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

bwohlgemuth wrote:For me, it's easy.
Easy is the button used to sell Staples to the world. Pollyanna also had a vision.
bwohlgemuth wrote:Building a group of satellite states which serve the US. The Soviets did this in eastern Europe, the British did this with their colonies.
What happened to the Soviet Union?

What became of the British Commonwealth?
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

Exactly....they built satellites/colonies which served them. How exactly is Iraq "serving" us, especially since we're pumping billions to keep the place stable.

And I don't see this as an exercise in mental masturbation, it's always a good thing to have your ideals challenged every now and then.
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

bwohlgemuth wrote: For me, it's easy. Building a group of satellite states which serve the US. The Soviets did this in eastern Europe, the British did this with their colonies, same with the French, Spanish, Portugese, Chinese, etc.
I'm going to have to second what Sankofa said...it didn't work out so well for any of those former "empires"....

It includes a hell of a lot of money, a lot of persuasion, and a lot of calling the shots over waaaaay too many people.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I think you're missing Brian's point...
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.