SMOKING BAN---BARS and Legions NEED YOUR HELP!

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

What's going to happen at Club Soda, Corner Pocket, etc... once the cold November winds hit, or those cold fall rains, and people don't want to be outside smoking?
Wear a jacket. Use an umbrella. Or rough it.

I've been a smoker for roughly 15 years or so. Off and on for the past 2 years. If there's one thing I've figured out during that time, it's that smokers will brave ANY weather conditions in order to smoke a cigarette.
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

cwallace wrote:The people that like to eat and be social will still come out...and they will put up those fancy heaters like they have at the lounge for Hockey games...:)
Yep, I heard about a Tavern they'll be building on Wayne with outdoor heaters.
The Hammer

Everybody just roll over and play dead

Post by The Hammer »

Any kind of justification can be made for or against this "ban". The bottom line is that it is another chip out of the cornerstone of our freedom. We don't need babysat by do-gooder know-it-alls that think we are drooling idiots. Maybe people shouldn't smoke, maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe second hand smoke is bad, maybe it doesn't matter. It is the decision of the people and the marketplace.

Our freedom is being subjected to the death of a thousand duck bites. Unless we stand up and say "ENOUGH", we will someday not be free anymore. Freedom carries with it the good and the bad, and changes should only be made in the most extreme conditions. It is finely balanced and when anything on either side is killed, something on the other side dies also. It may not be immediately obvious, but it will happen.

Freedom is regulated by ethics, common sense, morals, and consideration for others. It can not exist without these things and it can not exist by government regulation because the government, any government, is too corrupt to include these things in the decision making process.

When government goes into a private busines and tells them that their customers can't do something that is "LEGAL", we are in a lot of trouble. Let this domino fall and the next one will also fall.
GoDownProductions
Regular
Regular

Post by GoDownProductions »

This is just typical of this country. Certain people don't like something, so they make it illegal. Drunk drivers kill people "second-hand". I vote we ban alcohol and cars next. (just public places though. You may drive drunk on private property)