Allen county smoking ban

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Allen county smoking ban

Post by poopstains »

I haven't seen this discussed, (or I just missed it) but what does everyone think about the potential smoking ban here. It may come up for vote as soon as tomorrow (wed. 22 nov.)

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/fortwayne/ ... 066377.htm
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

As a smoker, I am all for it.

WHAT you say?

Yep. It getting to the point where even *I* cant stand going out to places that have heavy smoke.

Yes, I contribute to it. Yes I am shooting myself in the foot.

But it *might* just be what it takes to get me to quit, especially in the dead of winter when I have to go outside.
sevesd93
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Post by sevesd93 »

It really doesn't matter. I will still smoke regardless.
http://www.facebook.com/sevesd
http://www.myspace.com/sevesd
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Oliver's Army wrote:As a smoker, I am all for it.

WHAT you say?

Yep. It getting to the point where even *I* cant stand going out to places that have heavy smoke.

Yes, I contribute to it. Yes I am shooting myself in the foot.

But it *might* just be what it takes to get me to quit, especially in the dead of winter when I have to go outside.
And I have the opposite reaction.

I'm a "non-smoker" and am against the ordinance.

To me, it's another case of the government, be it either local
or other, getting into the personal lives of the citizens
and affect their choices.

If I go into an establishment knowing that smoking will be going on,
then it's on me, not the smoker(s).

Less is always more
therecordinghouse
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by therecordinghouse »

everyone has the right to breath clean air, but it is a privilege to smoke... 8)
Lynn Graber
www.therecordinghouse.com
Studio and Mobile Recording, Fort Wayne, IN.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

I couldn't care less wether a person smoked or not...HOWEVER, if you wish to smoke then please sign over your rights to ANY Level of health insurance OR come up with a stand alone company that will be independant of my health insurance in turn NOT effecting MY cost for such services...

I other words...kill yourself..not everyone else.

I don't care what your argument about 'I enjoy it' is..doesn't change the fact that it is bad for you and others around you. You honestly CAN live without it and it would be better off if you just finally stopped...

Well except those people that I hate and want to die a miserable painful cancerous death..but I digress...

Smoke with courtesy...and don't get pissed at other people when they are truely bothered by it.

Jackie came home smelling like a frickin' ashtray the other night because she met up with a few friend at AppleBees...and she was even bitching about the stink since she has had to quit smoking...(yes HAD to...more on that story soon..;) )...she said it was disgusting..I laughed..

Chris
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Whether or not a business caters more to smokers/non-smokers should be left up to the owner of the business, in my opinion.

It seems to me like it's easier to NOT go somewhere than it is to go, suffer through the smoke and then b*tch and moan about it like someone stabbed you in the vagina with a pitchfork.

If you don't like the environment because of the smoke, go elsewhere.

And smokers...if you don't like the place because they don't allow you to smoke...go elsewhere.

What's so difficult about this?
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

cwallace wrote:I couldn't care less wether a person smoked or not...HOWEVER, if you wish to smoke then please sign over your rights to ANY Level of health insurance OR come up with a stand alone company that will be independant of my health insurance in turn NOT effecting MY cost for such services...

I other words...kill yourself..not everyone else.

I don't care what your argument about 'I enjoy it' is..doesn't change the fact that it is bad for you and others around you. You honestly CAN live without it and it would be better off if you just finally stopped...

Well except those people that I hate and want to die a miserable painful cancerous death..but I digress...

Smoke with courtesy...and don't get pissed at other people when they are truely bothered by it.

Jackie came home smelling like a frickin' ashtray the other night because she met up with a few friend at AppleBees...and she was even bitching about the stink since she has had to quit smoking...(yes HAD to...more on that story soon..;) )...she said it was disgusting..I laughed..

Chris
Congratulations!!!! I'm assuming I know what that means...
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

^ totally agree Dude.
I couldn't care less wether a person smoked or not...HOWEVER, if you wish to smoke then please sign over your rights to ANY Level of health insurance OR come up with a stand alone company that will be independant of my health insurance in turn NOT effecting MY cost for such services...
I hope you never touch alcohol it hurts you too.
Driving you car hurts people too, I mean those emissions are just as cancerous. We should stop doing that as well.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Dont forget "Dangerous" trans fatty acids.

Stay tuned,.... our friends are on a mission
to tax this stuff.

Smoking vs non smoking in pubs/bars/bowling
alleys etc. should be determined by market forces,
not our "Big Brother".

Less is always more
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

to tax this stuff
There's the nugget of truth. Someone realized that they could make an extra buck.
jewlee138
Addict
Addict

Post by jewlee138 »

I personally would appreciate no smoking in public places, despite the fact that I occasionally smoke at bars.

However, city & state gov't should "respect their elders" and obey the federal law. So long as it is legal with federal gov't, so it should be with local. Otherwise, wtf is the purpose of being a "united states" if each state plays by their own set-o-rules??
Hot "finger-on-keyboard" action

www.expiredmagazine.com
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

jewlee138 wrote:I personally would appreciate no smoking in public places, despite the fact that I occasionally smoke at bars.

However, city & state gov't should "respect their elders" and obey the federal law. So long as it is legal with federal gov't, so it should be with local. Otherwise, wtf is the purpose of being a "united states" if each state plays by their own set-o-rules??
That's exactly how it was supposed to be. The Civil War changed that forever. As a result, the Federal Government has become more intrusive and gained way too much power and control.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

bassjones wrote:
Congratulations!!!! I'm assuming I know what that means...
tiss true...:)

Chris
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

[quote="The_Dude"]Whether or not a business caters more to smokers/non-smokers should be left up to the owner of the business, in my opinion.

It seems to me like it's easier to NOT go somewhere than it is to go, suffer through the smoke and then b*tch and moan about it like someone stabbed you in the vagina with a pitchfork.

If you don't like the environment because of the smoke, go elsewhere.

And smokers...if you don't like the place because they don't allow you to smoke...go elsewhere.

What's so difficult about this?[/quote]

I'm with The_Dude on this one. Every business owner should be allowed to choose what kind of environment he/she provides for the clientel. If smoking is allowed and you don't like that, say so with your dollar. If smoking is not allowed and you don't like that, say so with you dollar.