DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Big John
RockStar
RockStar

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

Post by Big John »

otherwise all this bitching about political nonsense doesn't matter.
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

at the train station by C2G it is for me, after school/work even

6 to 6 (surprised they're not open later)
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

Got my sticker....
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

Sankofa wrote: 6 to 6 (surprised they're not open later)
Gotta keep the workin' man down somehow. :(

My post is about 20% tounge-in-cheek.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Massage...Bored wrote: My post is about 20% tounge-in-cheek.

hehehehe

nice reference.

:lol:
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Oliver's Army wrote:nice reference.
Thanks.

My post is about 98% tounge-in-cheek.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I voted. I split my ticket for the first time since... well ever.

Technically, I voted straight party Libertarian, but where there were no Libertarian candidates, I voted Republican. That means I voted against Lugar (who has nothing to worry about) and Howell (who probably does, but I don't care).

It actually felt good, and if there had been a Libertarian running against Souder, I might have voted L there too.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

bassjones wrote: That means I voted against Lugar (who has nothing to worry about) and Howell (who probably does, but I don't care).
I had a conversation earlier today about this, why must you say you voted against someone? Shouldn't you be voting for someone and something they represent? [/i]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Massage...Bored wrote:
bassjones wrote: That means I voted against Lugar (who has nothing to worry about) and Howell (who probably does, but I don't care).
I had a conversation earlier today about this, why must you say you voted against someone? Shouldn't you be voting for someone and something they represent? [/i]
You're right. Badly worded. I voted for the Libertarian candidate because I support the Libertarian party's platform on most things. That means I might have contributed to a Democratic (my absolute least favorite possibility of the 3) takeover of the US Senate or the State House, but I don't care because, for the most part the Republican party no longer represents me or my views. And I'm not the one who changed his mind.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

bassjones wrote:You're right. Badly worded. I voted for the Libertarian candidate because I support the Libertarian party's platform on most things. That means I might have contributed to a Democratic (my absolute least favorite possibility of the 3) takeover of the US Senate or the State House, but I don't care because, for the most part the Republican party no longer represents me or my views. And I'm not the one who changed his mind.
Thank you, it just irks me that people are using their vote (I know its their vote) as a tool of spite and hate, and not properly schooling themselves on the issues.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Massage...Bored wrote:
bassjones wrote:You're right. Badly worded. I voted for the Libertarian candidate because I support the Libertarian party's platform on most things. That means I might have contributed to a Democratic (my absolute least favorite possibility of the 3) takeover of the US Senate or the State House, but I don't care because, for the most part the Republican party no longer represents me or my views. And I'm not the one who changed his mind.
Thank you, it just irks me that people are using their vote (I know its their vote) as a tool of spite and hate, and not properly schooling themselves on the issues.
Me too. Even if, like you, they've taken the time to educate themselves and come to different conclusions than me, at least you vote intelligently. I can respect that - even if you are wrong :wink: :lol:
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

Democrats take the house for the first time in 12 years. It looks like the Senate might be grabbed by them too.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

Sentaor Pelosi....same feeling I had in my stomach about "Speaker Gingrich" in 1994....
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

bwohlgemuth wrote:Sentaor Pelosi....same feeling I had in my stomach about "Speaker Gingrich" in 1994....
assuming you meant Speaker Pelosi... That's not set in stone. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick someone more "moderate"...
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
spete1020

Post by spete1020 »

bassjones wrote:
bwohlgemuth wrote:Sentaor Pelosi....same feeling I had in my stomach about "Speaker Gingrich" in 1994....
assuming you meant Speaker Pelosi... That's not set in stone. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick someone more "moderate"...
I think Pelosi is pretty well set as the new Speaker. She was one of the biggest fundraisers for the party, attempted to build consensus among the Democrats (easy to do when you are in the minority party), etc.

If they try to balance her out with a more moderate Democrat, it will be in the House Majority leader position that John Murtha and others will be running for.