Thank you John Kerry...

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Thank you John Kerry...

Post by bassjones »

Now there's no way the Republicans will lose control of the house and/or Senate, which means there's no way we'll see any third parties as real potential threats to the Demicans and Republicrats. Freaking idiot!
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Leave to JK to screw up another election for
his fellow compadres.

let the backpedalling begin.

Less is always more
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

If he had said something like, "It's unfortunate that many American youth's see the only way to a higher education is through military service." I could have agreed.

Even if every kid in the military is a HS dropout the training they recieve is pretty educational.

I don't think this has 'blown it' for the democrats. This is way easier to negoatiate then say a page scandal, IMHO.
Last edited by sharkmansix on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Here's why I think he blew it. Conservatives were not all that excited about voting this year because the party they had aligned with has been spending like Democrats (and not just on the war, which we don't mind) while they've been in power. Then throw in the improprieties and they're no different than the Dems. I know several conservatives who weren't going to vote or who were going to go so far as to vote straight ticket Democrat they're so fed up with the Republicans.

What Kerry has done is energize the Conservative base; something none of the jackass Republicans have been able to do to this point. They're now convinced that they need to go vote, and vote Republican, to make sure Kerry and Pelosi aren't in charge during this critical time.

I was waffling between voting for Souder or voting Libertarian, but now I'm voting Souder. Hayhurst's latest add lumping Mark in with Foley pushed me a little too. That was below the belt. Agree or disagree with Souder's positions, the majority of this region knows him as a man of upstanding moral character.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

Media is typically blowin' this out of proportion and the White House is running with it.

I took it as a dig on the President, I got the joke. Hell, I agree with him.
G Fresh
RockStar
RockStar

Post by G Fresh »

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.â€
http://www.myspace.com/matthewgates
http://www.youtube.com/MattyGFresh
Support Local Original Music
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

After I heard the entire speech, I got the "gist" of the joke, the joke was NOT obvious and this wasn't a situation where his words were clipped. His delivery sucked....once again, being someone he isn't...

And the media was dark on this until the Internet started going nuts with it and essentially forced it to the surface.

I think this gives a couple of points in the Republican direction...just a couple however.....this isn't going to give Republicans what they need.

And G...you just beat me to that picture...now THAT'S funny...
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

bwohlgemuth wrote:
After I heard the entire speech, I got the "gist" of the joke, the joke was NOT obvious and this wasn't a situation where his words were clipped. His delivery sucked....once again, being someone he isn't...

And the media was dark on this until the Internet started going nuts with it and essentially forced it to the surface.

He was apparently cracking wise the entire speech and this was just another joke in his speech. I still take it to heart, it could mean a number of things.

"Stay in school and get good grades, or flunk out and get drafted." (If it comes to them reinstating the thing, I'm sure there are a lot of parrallels going on with this war that were going on in the 60's. Kerry probably recognizes some sort of familiarity to it all. My dad surely does, he got sick and got kicked out of school and was scared sh*tless about potentially getting drafted before he could enroll at a different school.)

"Get good grades and get a degree so you don't need to see the military as your only option." (A good percentage of troops are in because they thought it was their only option. I don't see this as a bad thing and the above message is "Iraq isn't your only option, kids.")

As soon as I read his comment, without seeing the GOP reaction. I thought to myself, "They are going to say he just insulted the troops." Sure enough, they are latching onto anything they can at this point in the game. I love how the White House saw it as sooooo necessary to hold a press conference about it. Why don't they spend more time holding meetings on strategy in Iraq, the 90 minute photo op last week doesn't cut-it.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

bassjones wrote: Agree or disagree with Souder's positions, the majority of this region knows him as a man of upstanding moral character.

Isn't that what you are supposed to be voting on?

All I know Souder for is being so ignorant that he couldn't properly answer questions from a panel of students at my high school. He claimed everclear was an illegal alcoholic substance, and preached to us about the joys of meeting Ronald Reagan (I sh*t you not).

Is he properly serving the citizens he is representing? I sorely doubt it.

Hayhurst's ad is a reaction to about three adds run by Souder and the GOP against him that I've seen that are just as bad if not worse. Right now Hayhurst probably doesn't have much of a chance and is trying to flush out the campaign funds with a little jab of his own. "Hayhurst is a radical LIBERAL..." Such a scary word to some people, its like saying "Hayhurst is a flesh eating ZOMBIE..."

Its been a pretty sh*tty campaign on both ends. Hayhurst's weak attempt to unseat Souder and Souder's tasteless ads that were placed by the GOP in his stead well before Hayhurst ran the ad you mention. In fact, Hayhurst's ad almost literally says, "This is a reaction to the ads the GOP have been running for Mark Souder."
Hutnick
Regular
Regular

Post by Hutnick »

bassjones wrote:Agree or disagree with Souder's positions, the majority of this region knows him as a man of upstanding moral character.
That is is subject to opinion, a really deep shade of grey.
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

Massage...Bored wrote:Media is typically blowin' this out of proportion and the White House is running with it.

7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

Massage...Bored wrote:Media is typically blowin' this out of proportion and the White House is running with it.

true....true...and true.
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

Agreed: It was a dig at the president, not the troops.

It was poorly worded, and the delivery was even worse. If he had worded it right:

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you become A PRESIDENT THAT'S stuck in Iraq.â€
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
Haggard
Regular
Regular

Post by Haggard »

Massage...Bored wrote:
bassjones wrote: Agree or disagree with Souder's positions, the majority of this region knows him as a man of upstanding moral character.

Isn't that what you are supposed to be voting on?

All I know Souder for is being so ignorant that he couldn't properly answer questions from a panel of students at my high school. He claimed everclear was an illegal alcoholic substance, and preached to us about the joys of meeting Ronald Reagan (I sh*t you not).
Haha.. I had the same experience back when Souder was trying to unseat Jill Long and he came to our school. He couldn't give answers on simple questions. The guy is a dolt.
This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice.

[img]http://www.wm3.org/database_images/banners/WM3chainBLACKbg.gif[/img]