Legend's????

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bludspyrerocks
I Been Around
I Been Around

its great place to play

Post by bludspyrerocks »

if you are not out to make a load of cash and get out and play. this place is good place to play to party have a good time drink and not pay to practice. but you will not make ((((cover band money . The sound is not bad they just have have bad neighbors cant be loud Chris dose a good job. that all
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

Legends was always a weird place for me to play. I have been in two bands over the years that played there quite a bit. They were always cool with us, always let us have the time slot we wanted and always asked us back after a show. The thing that was always weird was the pay. It was so inconsistent despite the number of people who came in the door. Some shows, we would be boozed, fed and at the end of the night got more money they we expected. Other shows we couldn't even get free drinks (even if the place was packed).

I will give them credit for having a lot of original bands play and giving up and coming bands gigs when it might be hard for them to get into other bars. However, I can not recommend it as a place to play if your counting on the gig to make money.

My only other complaint is the sound. More specifically the noise/loudness factor. It sucks to be a bass player and being told by the bar that the lows have to be cut out of your rig because of a noise ordinance. That however is not really the bars fault but the people living around it. :roll:
girlzrock
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by girlzrock »

I agree, I will definitely give them credit for bringing in original acts and they do give new bands the chance to play on stage. I think that's awesome for those bands. The band I'm in now however, has been fairly well established and we can stay as busy as we want so needing places to play is not an issue. In the end, we chose not to play there because we have already over saturated ourselves in town and want to fill up our remaining open dates outside of Fort Wayne. Plus, while I respect the fact that they want to bring in different styles of music, you need to be aware of what your core audience likes. We have been in situations in the past, in bars that will remain un-named, where people have been down right $hitty with us because we weren't the type of music they wanted to hear. When our fans get made fun of by the "regulars" just because people are up dancing and having a good time, that's when I know we really are in the wrong bar. We din't need that and neither do our fans.

Not saying that Legend's would be like that, just trying to be smart about booking.
Live to Love, Love to Live!!
Jen
http://www.sugarshotmusic.com
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

I get what you are saying about the "regulars". Especially in this redneck town. I've seen your band before and you are good but I agree that Legends may not be a good fit for you. They seem to cater to the "metal" crowd now which is cool. I applaud you for making a decsion for what is best for you and your band. I also think from seeing posts you have made that you are a professional and have refrained from the sh*t talk that usually happens. That is refreshing to see in this town.
switzerland666
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by switzerland666 »

so, they're still trying to control the volume/frequencies of bands huh?
www.myspace.com/resonancequartetofficial
www.myspace.com/gravesoftheendlessfall
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Avoid the redneck bars.
Tri-State Killing Spree
Regular
Regular

Post by Tri-State Killing Spree »

I can say we have played Legends more than any band on the boards here, up to 3 shows a week once. They place is ok , back in the day it was better. as for the money ive made a lot and then ive made $60.00 to 30.00 bucks . I like the owers and they been good to us. Give it a try and quit being all about the money!!! Thats how you come off it grizrock . im in for the fun and if money comes it comes

As for the problems of level of amps and stuff we have never been asked to turn down. I know other band have had the sound shut off on them.
"YOU HATE US AND WE HATE YOU" BY THE WAY EAT MY F***
www.tri-statekillingspree.com b*tch

PUNKROCKNIGHT.COM FT WAYNE
www.punkrocknight.com

http://myspace.com/tristatekillingspree
[img]http://tri-statekillingspree.com/images/prnbanner.gif[/img]
girlzrock
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by girlzrock »

Tri-State Killing Spree wrote:I can say we have played Legends more than any band on the boards here, up to 3 shows a week once. They place is ok , back in the day it was better. as for the money ive made a lot and then ive made $60.00 to 30.00 bucks . I like the owers and they been good to us. Give it a try and quit being all about the money!!! Thats how you come off it grizrock . im in for the fun and if money comes it comes
I'm definitely not all about the money but why would I choose to take a night to play there when I could go make 4 times more money at a bar that I feel is a better fit for the style of music my band plays and I know I'll have fun at. By no means am I saying that money is everything (or that Legend's isn't a good bar). We play a lot of shows where we don't make a lot of money but we love the place we are playing and the crowd they have is awesome. That's what means more to me. In the end we chose not to play Legend's because it just isn't the right bar for the type of music we play. No need to put us or their regular crowd through a night of music that doesn't fit.

I'm glad that many of you have had good experiences there, it's just not the right bar for us. It's not them, it's us.

I will say on a side note, music is a big portion of my income so there is a part of me that is aware of the fact that I need to make money at gigs but I do not focus soley on money, it will always be more important to me that I have a good time. I'm very lucky right now that I play in a band that makes a decent amount of money which allows me to continue to pay my bills. I can't imagine I am the only person who needs their gig money to help them financially.
Live to Love, Love to Live!!
Jen
http://www.sugarshotmusic.com
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Trust your initial instincts always Sista!

...and yes, girlzrock 8)
traumaqueen
Pants Goblin
Pants Goblin

Post by traumaqueen »

anderson wrote: the Door Nazi will not give up rank.
she's a fixture.
classic.
:)
tony2tone
Regular
Regular

Post by tony2tone »

girlzrock wrote: It's not them, it's us...

are we talking about george costanza??

the only way your gonna find out for yourself is to go there and do your work. seems to me like most of the feedback is good reguarding legends, but your mind already seems set. legends has always been good to the hip hop crowd. much better than anywhere else in the city. but, you need to do your own research.
stop being scared of rap music!!
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

we'll see how friendly they are to neo-hippie jam bands...
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

bassjones wrote:we'll see how friendly they are to neo-hippie jam bands...
You guys should book a show with the Wailhounds @ Legend's. They ALWAYS draw a good crowd there. You may turn some new folks on to your music.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

The_Dude wrote:
bassjones wrote:we'll see how friendly they are to neo-hippie jam bands...
You guys should book a show with the Wailhounds @ Legend's. They ALWAYS draw a good crowd there. You may turn some new folks on to your music.
That's not a bad idea... Adam????
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Brandon
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by Brandon »

We will be there with LLC on March 24. It went well in Jan. Hopefully will go well again. Check it out.

www.brandonfordmusic.com