face his former

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

vv1122365

face his former

Post by vv1122365 »

BETHESDA, Md. - Tiger Woods was back on the PGA Tour for the first time in more than three months Thursday and said he felt "fantastic." He was talking about his back, not his game. One day into his most recent return from injury, thats what mattered to him. Woods opened with two straight bogeys, made five more bogeys in a seven-hole stretch around the turn at tough Congressional and finally found his groove late in the opening round of the Quicken Loans National for a 3-over 74. Woods was tied for 83rd — only 19 players had a higher score — and he will have to score better Friday if he wants to avoid missing the cut for the first time in two years. "I made so many little mistakes," Woods said. "So I played a lot better than the score indicated." Congressional had a lot to do with that. Two weeks after a U.S. Open that had no rough, Congressional made it feel like one. Any shot just off the fairway was buried, making it difficult for even the powerful players to reach the green on some of the longer par 4s. Greg Chalmers finished with three straight birdies for a 66 and a one-shot lead over Ricky Barnes and Freddie Jacobson. Defending champion Bill Haas, Patrick Reed, U.S. Open runner-up Erik Compton and Tyrone Van Aswegen shot 68. Compton birdied his last four holes. "I didnt think it was easy at all," Chalmers said. "I played really well, and I think anybody who plays really well can shoot a low score. You just have to be coming out of the fairway, and I didnt that the majority of the time today." Only 26 players in the 120-man field broke par. This day, however, was all about Woods. He has been golfs biggest draw since he turned pro in 1996 and accumulated 79 wins on the PGA Tour and 14 majors. He won the last two times he played Congressional, in 2009 and 2012. Even with an early start, the gallery lined the entire left side of the 218-yard 10th hole, with hundreds of others watching from the patio and veranda of the famed clubhouse at Congressional. Two holes into Woods opening round, they had reason to ask: We waited three months for this? But it wasnt just Woods. He played with Jason Day and Jordan Spieth, and that trio of top-10 players combined for six bogeys in two holes. All three of them were in the fairway on the same hole one time the entire round — on No. 11, the hardest at Congressional, and only because Days tee shot ricocheted off a tree. Day had a 73, while Spieth shot 74. "It was cool playing the first one back," Spieth said. "I love playing alongside Jason, as well. We are all rooting for each other, and thats a good feeling. It was hard to root for each other because it just looked like the lid was closed on the hole. But once we all started hitting a couple fairways, it got better at the end." Mike Weir of Brights Grove, Ont., the lone Canadian in the field, also opened at 3 over. Woods looked about the same as he has all year. He gave away shots with his short game, with some ordinary chips and not making as many putts as he once did. On his second hole, No. 11, he had a 50-foot putt from the fringe that came up 18 feet short of the hole. He missed consecutive 6-foot putts — one for birdie, one for par. He did most of the damage to his card around the turn, failing to get up-and-down for par on the 15th, 17th and 18th holes, hitting a poor chip from the side of a bunker on the long par-3 second, pulling a pitching wedge into a bunker on No. 3 and missing a 5-foot putt. That put him at 6 over for the round. At the time, Day was 4 over and Spieth was 5 over. "We were all kind of looking to break 80," Woods said. "It was a bit of a fight today for all of us, but we all hung in there." Woods found some rhythm from there, hitting an approach from 196 yards on the 467-yard fourth hole to 3 feet, and ending with short birdie putts on the par-3 seventh and short par-4 eighth by wisely using the slopes in the greens to feed it close to the hole. More telling was his final hole. He thought he had a chance to end his round with a 35-foot birdie putt, and as it broke just right of the cup, he quickly dropped to a crouch and then rose up to go mark his ball. That was the best evidence there was no problem with his back. "The backs great," Woods said. "I had no issues at all — no twinges, no nothing. It felt fantastic. Thats one of the reasons why I let go on those tee shots. I hit it pretty hard out there." Woods last played at Doral on March 9, when he closed with a 78 while coping with pain in his lower back. He had microdiscectomy surgery March 31, causing him to miss the Masters and U.S. Open. His return this soon was a surprise, and Woods was candid in saying that he might not have played if the Quicken Loans National did not benefit his foundations work with children. He also made it clear he was not risking further injury by playing now. The only issue Thursday was rust. "We saw what happened when he found his rhythm," Spieth said, alluding to Woods making three birdies over his last six holes, and missing only one green. Vernon Butler Jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. Michael Palardy Jersey . Hattestad managed to avoid the carnage midway through the mens final, as a crash took out three skiers, essentially leaving two men vying for gold. The Norwegian posted a time of 3:38.39, outlasting Swedens Teodor Peterson, who took silver with a time of 3:39. http://www.cheappanthersjerseysonline.com/?tag=taylor-moton-jersey-online . Starters, when they struggle, have to live with it for five days. For Sergio Santos and Steve Delabar, two of the three men who authored one of the ugliest pitched innings in Blue Jays franchise history on Thursday night, the bounce-back chance came right away. Cheap Panthers Jerseys Gear . - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to meet with Richie Incognito to determine if one of the central figures in the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal can help their struggling offensive line. Rashaan Gaulden Jersey . As the Winnipeg Blue Bombers opened their main training camp Sunday, Kuale is one of the newcomers brought in to bolster a sagging defence that ranked overall where the Bombers finished 2013, in the CFL cellar with a league high 585 points against.Jaroslav Halaks agent has his back. Halak did not get the start in the Washington Capitals Tuesday night game against the St. Louis Blues amid reports that he had asked not to face his former teammates. Allan Walsh - Halaks agent - released the following statement on Halak Wednesday: "Jaro never at anytime said he didnt want to start against St. Louis. A private conversation between a player and coach should stay private and not be discussed with the media." "I am bewildered that a coach would break that trust especially when those comments the coach publicly attributed to Jaro are not accurate," the statement continued. "Its the coach who makes the decision on who plays in the games, not the players." Halak has beenn with the Capitals since the Mar.dddddddddddd 5 trade deadline when the team acquired him from the Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres acquired him from the Blues on Feb. 28 in the trade that sent goaltender Ryan Miller to the Blues, though Halak did not see any ice time as a member of the Sabres. The 28-year-old netminder had spent the previous four seasons as a member of the Blues. St. Louis acquired him from the Montreal Canadiens in 2010 in exchange for Ian Schultz and Lars Eller. The Canadiens originally selected Halak in the ninth round (271st overall) at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. In 51 games with the Blues and Capitals this season, Halak has posted a 28-13-7 record with a 2.29 goals-against average and a .919 save perentage. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '