we need a KISS tribute show.

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

iammarky
Regular
Regular

Post by iammarky »

i wish ace frehley would beat the crap out of bob dylan.
"You know I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind"
GRAVE ROBBER
Regular
Regular

Post by GRAVE ROBBER »

Steel String Bender wrote:
GRAVE ROBBER wrote:
Steel String Bender wrote:You've got to be sh**ing me! Do you really think this is the only reason anyone cares about Johnny Cash?
Yes I do and I'll tell you why:

When I was about 5 I discovered Cash. From that time until I was about 30, nobody even mentioned him to me. Ever. I've owned a dj/karaoke company for 15 years and the only people that ever sang Cash songs were 50+ years old at legion halls. That is until the rockabilly thing got it's moment. Suddenly, punk rockers were singing karaoke at O's. I sang a Cash song once around 1994 at karaoke and got laughed at.

No one ever requested Cash songs at a wedding reception until he died.

I'm not sure how old you are, but if I had to guess I'd say you don't remember a time when Cash wasn't cool. After his Rick Rubin produced "comeback" album, he was suddenly popular. I have Cash albums from the year they were released handed down from my parents. Trust me, there was a long drawn out period of time where Johnny Cash was considered to be a joke. I know because I was the butt of many a joke for liking him. (Suddenly Neil Diamond seems to be making his way out of jokedom and becoming "cool". Weird.)

I am in no way, shape, or form dissing Johnny's greatness. What I'm saying is that most people who claim to be fans of Cash only glommed onto him because rockabilly bands doing crappy versions of his songs. (There certainly were exceptions, i.e. Blue Moon Boys) I toured alot during that time and heard more than my fair share of crappy bands trying to play Cash songs, let me tell you.
I'm glad you're a big fan of Johnny Cash, and claim to have no interest in "dissing" his greatness. I just want to point out that Mr. Cash has many, many, many, many, non-wavering LIFELONG FANS. I'm truly sorry none of them were able to be present during your formative years, or at any of your karaoke or live performance band events.

Oh yes, no one gives a rat's a**, but I'm 47.
It's not a claim, it's a fact that I will never and have never dissed Cash. I've been listening to Cash for 35 years. I am a fan. My point is that there was a period of time where he wasn't "cool". I'm sorry but that's just fact.

Don't be sorry about no Cash fans at Karaoke or band gigs, dude. It just made him that much cooler to me.

Oh and I'm 40, so no young pup either.
Death, where is thy sting?
GRAVE ROBBER
Regular
Regular

Post by GRAVE ROBBER »

rezin wrote:
Steel String Bender wrote:
GRAVE ROBBER wrote: Yes I do and I'll tell you why:

When I was about 5 I discovered Cash. From that time until I was about 30, nobody even mentioned him to me. Ever. I've owned a dj/karaoke company for 15 years and the only people that ever sang Cash songs were 50+ years old at legion halls. That is until the rockabilly thing got it's moment. Suddenly, punk rockers were singing karaoke at O's. I sang a Cash song once around 1994 at karaoke and got laughed at.

No one ever requested Cash songs at a wedding reception until he died.

I'm not sure how old you are, but if I had to guess I'd say you don't remember a time when Cash wasn't cool. After his Rick Rubin produced "comeback" album, he was suddenly popular. I have Cash albums from the year they were released handed down from my parents. Trust me, there was a long drawn out period of time where Johnny Cash was considered to be a joke. I know because I was the butt of many a joke for liking him. (Suddenly Neil Diamond seems to be making his way out of jokedom and becoming "cool". Weird.)

I am in no way, shape, or form dissing Johnny's greatness. What I'm saying is that most people who claim to be fans of Cash only glommed onto him because rockabilly bands doing crappy versions of his songs. (There certainly were exceptions, i.e. Blue Moon Boys) I toured alot during that time and heard more than my fair share of crappy bands trying to play Cash songs, let me tell you.
I'm glad you're a big fan of Johnny Cash, and claim to have no interest in "dissing" his greatness. I just want to point out that Mr. Cash has many, many, many, many, non-wavering LIFELONG FANS. I'm truly sorry none of them were able to be present during your formative years, or at any of your karaoke or live performance band events.

Oh yes, no one gives a rat's a**, but I'm 47.
this dude has quite the mouth on him.
HAHAHA!!!
GRAVE ROBBER
Regular
Regular

Post by GRAVE ROBBER »

iammarky wrote:i wish ace frehley would beat the crap out of bob dylan.
Well, Bob certainly ain't back in the new york groove, is he?

(Just funnin', before some angry old man gets his panties in a bunch and starts a huge list of things that are not cronologically correct, sheesh)
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

I'll help put this together if there really is interest.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
iammarky
Regular
Regular

Post by iammarky »

come on we dont need to bring jesus into this. that's pretty harsh.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

iammarky wrote:come on we dont need to bring jesus into this. that's pretty harsh.
heh.

uh.

not what you think it is.
GRAVE ROBBER
Regular
Regular

Post by GRAVE ROBBER »

anderson wrote:I'll help put this together if there really is interest.
GRAVE ROBBER IS IN!
iammarky
Regular
Regular

Post by iammarky »

ok sorry anderson. yeah GRAVE ROBBER is in for the KISS tribute show.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

So, after talking to Shawn from GraveRobber... maybe we can make proceeds go to a charity?

I'm thinking to call it "Kiss-Off" Half-hour sets from four bands? Or more?
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
GRAVE ROBBER
Regular
Regular

Post by GRAVE ROBBER »

anderson wrote:So, after talking to Shawn from GraveRobber... maybe we can make proceeds go to a charity?

How's August 23rd for a date? Plenty of time.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

GRAVE ROBBER wrote:
anderson wrote:So, after talking to Shawn from GraveRobber... maybe we can make proceeds go to a charity?

How's August 23rd for a date? Plenty of time.
I don't have anything on my books as of yet.

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
iammarky
Regular
Regular

Post by iammarky »

no way i'm gettin married that next day.
St. Alfonzo
Regular
Regular

Post by St. Alfonzo »

SuperHunk is in!

We already do an awesome version of "Strutter" so we're half way there.

I also claim dibs on "Parasite" and "Detroit Rock City."

Parasite has one of the baddest most monstrous riffs EVER!

ps. If you'd stop being a hater for one second you'd realize that Kiss isn't all that bad. I used to hate them with everything I had inside of me. Then I quit talking for a minute and listened.

Now I love them.

However, just like with every great band, Kiss has written some real stinkers. But that's what happens. It can't all be gold.
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I'm a hater -4- life!