tragic loss

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

skippy

tragic loss

Post by skippy »

the fort wayne music scene has suffered a tragic loss. Will Rogers, bassman for the bands Savannah and Southern Exposure, died of a massive heart attack Sunday morning the 28th of May about 5:00am just a few short hours after the bands gig the night before. Anyone who knew Will surely remembers him as a terrific soul and one of the finest bassist in the area. Both bands have suffered an extreme loss but vow to carry on as that is what Will would want, however our hearts are heavy and we shall miss our friend, bandmate and family member of our bands. please take a moment and say a prayer for Will and his entire family. thank you... mike(skippy) fisher/ Savannah drummer
clean. simple. pure.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

My condolences to his family, friends and band members. That is very sad news.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Steel String Bender
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by Steel String Bender »

Thank-you for posting this Mike. The loss of Will has hit me very hard. He was truly one of the "good guys". I consider myself extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to be his bandmate, and friend. We played together in "Lowlife Socialites" for three years, and I have some great memories of those days. I cannot even count the times he played awesome improvised riffs that would make me turn my head and grin!

In all the time I knew Will, I never heard him speak badly about anyone. He was a good husband, father, brother, son, co-worker, and friend. He had that quiet "lead by example" thing going for him. He was also a dedicated musician, who made amazing strides to grow as a player in the last few years. He did this at a time in life when most musicians would be resting on their laurels. I had a tremendous amount of respect for him, and I'm so thankful I had a chance to tell him this before he passed.

My heartfelt condolences to everyone who knew him and loved him.
Last edited by Steel String Bender on Tue May 29, 2007 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
skippy

tragic

Post by skippy »

i know exactly what you mean Scott, i hope to be able to follow up on the advice he gave me about tuning myself up in the very near future. i'm so glad you were able to make the gig when you did, it really made his night! Mine too! you know if you need to talk i'm here for ya, you got the number...i just felt i had to put this post up in case there was anyone who knew him and did'nt know what a loss this ha been.
clean. simple. pure.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Does Brad Wilson know about this yet? I know he used to play with Savannah. He's a good friend of mine, but he was out of town this weekend.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Steel String Bender
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by Steel String Bender »

I owe you a debt of gratitude Mike, for letting me know where Savannah was playing Saturday night, and for inviting me out. I also believe it was no coincidence that my band scheduled an unusual rehearsal time for late that afternoon, that was just five minutes away from your gig. God does indeed move in mysterious ways. I'm so thankful I was able to be there with you guys.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

My condolences.
skippy

Savannah loss

Post by skippy »

to bassjones...not sure if brad knows or if anyone in Savannah has contacted him, i'm sorry i personally dont know him. if you know how to contact him we would appreciate it as well as the northeast indiana bass players you mentioned earlier. thank you
clean. simple. pure.
skippy

Savannah loss

Post by skippy »

to the dude....thanks
clean. simple. pure.
nonamehero

Post by nonamehero »

i am truly sorry for Will's family, frineds, and bandmates.. I had not known Will for long.. My first introduction to Will was about 6 months ago and it was through guitar center and our mutual love for the bass guitar that introduced us to each other.. Will quickly became one of my regular customers and came to me exclusevly for what ever he needed for his rig.. But it was not that reason that I enjoyed Will so much.. it was our conversations that really made me see what a special person he was. I really enjoyed our conversations and whenever he came into the store he always had a way of making my day a little better.. I am truly stunned and truly sorry to hear of this and to hear of this a week after it had happend. My prayers are with Will's family, friends and bandmates. he Will be missed
there is a place where man's manifest destiny collides into the pacific ocean, a place where the fabled route 66, the highway of american dreams comes to an end......this place is DOGTOWN