Through the grapevine...

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Through the grapevine...

Post by cwallace »

...I heard that 92.3 The Fort will be playing LOCAL music this holiday season. If you have recorded or would like to record something Christmas/Holiday related for the season you might be able to get yourself on one of the best radio stations in town.

Tiny...can you tell us more? :)

Chris
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

Upon the occasion, D. Gary's known to bust out a mean rendition of Good King Wenceslas.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

Sankofa wrote:Upon the occasion, D. Gary's known to bust out a mean rendition of Good King Wenceslas.
Thanks for that suggestion, its the one we're going with.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

North River Agents got tapped for this, we recorded "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" this weekend.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Hey Tiny,

When are you starting to play these???? I've been listening since Friday on/off and haven't heard a Christmas song yet, let alone the NoRA tune we gave you guys. Just wondering...
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
tiny
Regular
Regular

Post by tiny »

We're sprinkling them in during our Classic Rock A to Z, which is currently scheduled to run....well, till Z. My best guess as music director? Sporadically till around Thursday 12/21--we should be done with A to Z by then......then hitting them heavily the weekend before Christmas.

Got good stuff from Shawn & the Migranes, Brian Lemert, The Blue Moon Boys, NoRA, Sunny Taylor, and more in the can and ready to go, already...and more coming in.

In an (un) related note, I'm shocked and more than a little hurt to see absolutely NO mention here of A to Z....once again this year, including over 2400 songs....or approximately 1200 more than the now defunct 'plays everything' station--and all classic rock.

Maybe the consultants are right...and nobody WANTS variety anymore....
*shrugs*
TINY....
-----------------------------------
TINY TUNES Event and Entertainment Services -Mobile Music, Pro Sound, Booking and Event Planning
tinytunesdjs.com

also occasionally on 92.3 The Fort

Still waiting on confirmation of my new Harrison Square condominium purchase.
rezin
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal

Post by rezin »

tiny wrote:We're sprinkling them in during our Classic Rock A to Z, which is currently scheduled to run....well, till Z. My best guess as music director? Sporadically till around Thursday 12/21--we should be done with A to Z by then......then hitting them heavily the weekend before Christmas.

Got good stuff from Shawn & the Migranes, Brian Lemert, The Blue Moon Boys, NoRA, Sunny Taylor, and more in the can and ready to go, already...and more coming in.

In an (un) related note, I'm shocked and more than a little hurt to see absolutely NO mention here of A to Z....once again this year, including over 2400 songs....or approximately 1200 more than the now defunct 'plays everything' station--and all classic rock.

Maybe the consultants are right...and nobody WANTS variety anymore....
*shrugs*
i always enjoy the a-z...

well this year and last year, hah...
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Loved all the Beatles stuff you guys were playing this weekend! Nice tribute to John.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

tiny: Absolutely WONDERFUL a-z this time around. I have been stuck at the damn Mall so much that I have not been able to tune in as I wish I could..:) NOW...stick to those songs that we are only hearing now for a little while after the a-z is over and we will all be happy..:)

I get the feeling ..could be wrong...but with the rebirth of 104 there has been a little song adjustment on the air recently...I am constantly between stations...live on B&T in the morning of course, but flip back and forth between 92.3 and 104 a LOT...can't please everyone all the time of course, but I think you guys are on it most of the time with my taste...:)

Any insight into them coming back around? Healthy competition never hurt anyone of course..:)

Where is JJ on here lately?? :) hehe

Chris
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

Here are the links to some of the Christmas tunes that were submitted to 92.3.....really pretty darn cool that they're, at least, trying to get the local music scene involved in regular rotation!!

http://www.myspace.com/definitelygary
http://www.myspace.com/themikeconleyband
http://www.myspace.com/migraines

These are the only ones I know that have posted the X-mas tunes. Hopefully a few more of the bands doing this will post their links, too.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Ours is up now. Well, it's uploaded to myspace anyway... Still waiting on them to add it.

www.myspace.com/northriveragents
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
GRAVE ROBBER
Regular
Regular

Post by GRAVE ROBBER »

HEY!!!!!!

The Migraines and Gary tunes are available for download. Everyone else make them downloadable, too.

They are not your songs, so what the heck? Let us have them!!!

I collect Christmas tunes. Especially good, rockin', creative Christmas tunes. I want the NORA and Conley ones!!!

Thanx,
Wretched
Last edited by GRAVE ROBBER on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Death, where is thy sting?
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I thought I had set it up that way. I'll have to fix it tonight. I can't access myspace from work - BANNED!
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

i tried to put it up to no avail. hope it works.

also, re: a-z... i have a problem with "Every Rose Has its Thorn" being considered classic rock... :D
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

Adam, your x-mas song works fine....I got it to come up & play. Also, as requested, my tune is now downloadable:

http://www.myspace.com/themikeconleyband

Hope you dig it.