Your Gear

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

this dude wrote:
WBOB wrote:
The white one is a stock '84 American Standard. My #1 for twenty years.
That's the one that caught my eye.
I can see/hear why. Nice! thanks. :)
You've heard it?

heheheheh

http://www.flyinglowtrio.com/DavidHall.html
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

bassjones wrote:
I bought it on the recommendation of Cub Koda of Brownsville Station, who just by chance was hanging out in Playford Music in Jackson, MI the day I went in to buy one.
Ah yes, Playford music. Craig was a good guy. Are they still open? Last I knew all he had was some crappy Peavey stuff and Crate.
Yep, they're going strong. They always treated me good there. Larry Williams teaches guitar there. He was my music teacher in elementary school. I remember all us second graders yelling "JEHRAMIA WAS A BULLFROG!!", lol. Jerry Glassel, who I got lessons from, unfortunately passed away. He was unbelievable!
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

this dude wrote:
WBOB wrote:
The white one is a stock '84 American Standard. My #1 for twenty years.
That's the one that caught my eye.
You've heard it?
Flying Low Trio! Right?

Less is always more
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

Oliver's Army wrote:
this dude wrote:
WBOB wrote: That's the one that caught my eye.
You've heard it?

heheheheh

http://www.flyinglowtrio.com/DavidHall.html
AHHHH!! I haven't looked at that page in months! "Coming soon to a bingo hall near you!" :lol: I might do some editing later, now that I look at it.
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

WBOB wrote:
this dude wrote:
WBOB wrote: That's the one that caught my eye.
You've heard it?
Flying Low Trio! Right?
Yeah. You saw us?
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

this dude wrote:
WBOB wrote:
this dude wrote: You've heard it?
Flying Low Trio! Right?
Yeah. You saw us?
The new place on I think Lima Rd??

Less is always more
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

You were at the Neon Armadillo? Not much neon there, but my amp buzzed like there was :x . I about cut up an extension cord, grounded my amp chassis, and ran it to a ground stake outside. Where were you sitting at?
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

Massage...Bored wrote:I'll get some actual pictures of my own gear up in a couple weeks, but for now....

Acoustic:

I got a 1965 Gibson LG-O a few months back, its so old and gnarly. The wood is alll soggy and the finish is dippin' in the cracks. I love it. Here's a photo of a similar body type but think more chocolate brown and weathered.

Electric:

I got a Telecaster a while back, got rid of it, missed it, got a new one, and never looked back. I made some modifications by placing a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in the bridge positon and a three way toggle switch up on the horn.

What I want as my next axe:

Amp:

I used to have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier half stack, but back when I acquired the Gibson above I also acquired this. Fender Bassman Reissue tube amp, my clean sound has never...ever sounded as good as thing does. And its loud and fat as sh*t.

Effects:

Not going to talk much about 'em but here's some purty pictures.

Controlable Muff-ness!

Uncontrolable Muff-ness!

I loves me the octave sounds.

Wah, for those of us so uncoordinated that its impossible to use a Cry Baby.

i enjoy staying in tune, the gold standard.

I like velcro and thats what keeps my pedals attached to this fantastic investment.

My next pedal acquisition:

This pedal is pretty ridiculous, it'll replace my octaver. Its an octave pedal, but it also allows for chords with octave without it beind muddy. You can get a 12-string effect and an 18-string effect. You can also dial in a blend that makes your guitar sound like a Hammond B-3 organ, drool.

Various other goods:

i wouldn't be caught dead with any other brand or color.
How are those Muff pi's on noise? I've had Dunlop and Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Faces, and I've got an Octavia right now. All too noisy, can't do a double-stop without turning to mush. Do they make less unwanted noise? I've never tried one.

Edit- I should read in greater detail. I blame Evelyn Wood, and a limed up Bunn Pour-O-Matic.
Steel String Bender
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by Steel String Bender »

I'm gigging with two USA made Parker Nitefly guitars; a swamp ash "Southern" model, and a mahogany "M" series. The Southern is my new #1. It looks like the bastard love child of a 52' Fender Telecaster, and a 95' Parker Deluxe! I love the feel of the Parker necks. They have a compound radius of 10-13", and stainless steel frets. The intonation across the entire fretboard is superb, and there are no dead spots on either neck. Another bonus: No fret wear!

My gigging amp is a Dr. Z Prescription Extra Strength 45 watt head. My speaker cabinet is a Z-Best 2x12 loaded with one Celestion Vintage 30, and one G12H30. The RXES is an all tube, point-to point hand-wired tone machine! The good Doctor, (Mike Zaite) has outfitted this amp with an EF-86 tube in the front end, which has a lot more gain than a standard 12AX7 tube. (This makes it nice and fat when ya' want it that way)

My live pedalboard consists of an Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, a Fulltone Fulldrive II, and a Korg AX3000G. The FDII is an older "blue" flat-mids model, and provides my primary overdriven tones. The Korg provides modulation, delay and reverb effects. I'm kicking around the idea of putting my Keeley modified Boss Blues Driver back in the line-up, but haven't done that yet.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

Massage...Bored wrote: i wouldn't be caught dead with any other brand or color.

something we can agree on. i refuse to use anything other.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

adam atherton wrote: i refuse to use anything other.
I don't know why anyone would!
lbanks
Regular
Regular

Post by lbanks »

What!
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

lbanks wrote:Image
Nice rig. I'd dump that Hartke :wink: but that's just me. I've heard those basson cabinets weigh a ton!

Is that the 12smx trace pre? The pre-Gibson stuff still rocks my world.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

My post may be a bit boring since it's spur of the moment, but I also noticed several people mentioned this gem or showed a picture of it.

By far and away, the BEST gear I ever paid money for is my Boss TU-2 tuner. I have had some crappy tuners and sometimes tried to tune on stage or backstage by ear and it sucked. House music, other bands playing or just people yelling made it a real ocd nightmare for me to try and tune. Once I bought the TU-2 I never worried about it again. (I'm sure sometimes a beer or two still made my tune waver..but I wasn't worried at that point anyways :lol: )

Seriously though, as boring as it is, I could never comfortably play again without that thing with me. It's built like a tank and the lights make it so incredibly easy to stay in tune between songs in a loud dark room with the simple kick of a foot.
lbanks
Regular
Regular

Post by lbanks »

bassjones wrote:
lbanks wrote:Image
Nice rig. I'd dump that Hartke :wink: but that's just me. I've heard those basson cabinets weigh a ton!

Is that the 12smx trace pre? The pre-Gibson stuff still rocks my world.
Its a TE AH-300(so it is the 12smx trace pre). The Basson is heavy and needs wheels, badly. The XL4.5 actually kicks a lotta butt... as long as its above 60 degrees Farhreheit. :)
What!