... X102 RIP ...

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

deadmaninmirror

Post by deadmaninmirror »

I am totally bummed about this considering all they did for local music.

RIP.
death threats and no regrets

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Yeah they annouced it. They are going to a Spanish format.

I think this town gets more and more lame every day. This, however, is far from what I would EVER expect on the FM side in this demographic.

Regardless of what you may think of imigration laws and such...loosing a great format to a whole different language is just bullsh*t.

They have their forking show on WGL...they have their forking newspaper...they have our JOBS...what the f**k else do they want?

Oh and summit radio group...selling out...thanks for the support...oh wait..those promises of being involved with us not two months ago...lies? Or did this whole format change just get pulled out of your tightwad ass?

Sorry..did I just rant? Good bye and good riddance...96.3 THE EDGE will live forever.

Chris
Rockstar

Post by Rockstar »

Everything near to me is gone
What is happening with Fort Wayne Radio this week? Read "Rockstar's Radio Notes" posted each week on Mondays.
http://www.myspace.com/rayrayangel
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Wow Chris. Couldn't have said it better myself... Time for me to go buy an XM radio... Or spend even more of my driving time listening to right wing radio or ESPN.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

....currently looking at properties in canada....
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Yeah they annouced it. They are going to a Spanish format.

I think this town gets more and more lame every day. This, however, is far from what I would EVER expect on the FM side in this demographic.

Regardless of what you may think of imigration laws and such...loosing a great format to a whole different language is just bullsh*t.
I really think it's foolish to blame a racial group for this decision to sell a radio station. Do you think this is some conspiracy against the white man and his love for fake alternative radio?

:roll:

I'm guessing it has to do with money, not race.
tiny
Regular
Regular

Post by tiny »

Wow...after all the posts about the lack of variety in the market, I would think that a new format would be EMBRACED by the people on these boards....... :roll:

X102? Less that a one share...and little ad revenue.

Enter $1.35 million dollars...and LOCAL ownership.

Summit gets an infusion of cash....Welcome spanish language programming to 102.3.

I bet the new station gets a 2 share out of the box. And makes money to boot. It will serve an audience that thus far is grossly underserved in the market. Plus national ad money targeting Hispanics will help the bottom line.

That's the story here.

Just my .02.....
TINY....
-----------------------------------
TINY TUNES Event and Entertainment Services -Mobile Music, Pro Sound, Booking and Event Planning
tinytunesdjs.com

also occasionally on 92.3 The Fort

Still waiting on confirmation of my new Harrison Square condominium purchase.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

XM sucks. Commercial free, my ass.

If you plan on buying it for your vehicle, don't EVER drive by a tree. Your signal will cut out.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

tiny wrote:Wow...after all the posts about the lack of variety in the market, I would think that a new format would be EMBRACED by the people on these boards....... :roll:

X102? Less that a one share...and little ad revenue.

Enter $1.35 million dollars...and LOCAL ownership.

Summit gets an infusion of cash....Welcome spanish language programming to 102.3.

I bet the new station gets a 2 share out of the box. And makes money to boot. It will serve an audience that thus far is grossly underserved in the market. Plus national ad money targeting Hispanics will help the bottom line.

That's the story here.

Just my .02.....
It won't be a new format, just a spanish language version of Majic... now, if they want to turn it into a Latin music station, I'm all for that. I love that Afro-Cuban sound. Long live Latin Jazz.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Big John »

i bet the new 102.3 station will play better music.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

The_Dude wrote:XM sucks. Commercial free, my ass.

If you plan on buying it for your vehicle, don't EVER drive by a tree. Your signal will cut out.
I never had a problem...except downtown (very tall buildings). You must've had some bad luck.
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

7WetCigarettes wrote:
The_Dude wrote:XM sucks. Commercial free, my ass.

I never had a problem...except downtown (very tall buildings). You must've had some bad luck.
Well, I don't personally own it. I'm basing my experience off of my buddy's XM service. On the open road, the reception is great. If you get off the beaten path onto a side road or out in the country, it's like a cell phone. The reception goes to hell. Then again...I don't think he purchased the best receiver available, either.

My main complaint lies with the "Commercial Free" slogan that they so frequently use. That is a flat-out lie. There's commercials all over the damn thing.

That being said...I still want to purchase XM solely for Cubs games so I can listen while I'm at work.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

That being said...I still want to purchase XM solely for Cubs games so I can listen to them lose while I'm at work.
Fixed! :lol:
fragile_funk
Careful with the Funk
Careful with the Funk

Post by fragile_funk »

Maybe people should start listening to the Spanish programming and learn some of the language...then you can stop complaining about not being able to communicate with others.
[url]http://www.myspace.com/zephaniahband[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/hammerstrikestudio[/url]
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

"...welcome to X102!

if you would like to continue this broadcast
in English, please press 1, en Espanol
el presso en dos"

Less is always more