Acoustic Venues

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

AcousticPimp

Acoustic Venues

Post by AcousticPimp »

Iv'e been out of the scene for a bit. Anybody know some current good venues to play acoustic original rock/folk/blues ish stuff
SOTW-Mike

Post by SOTW-Mike »

beatnicks down in marion, if you feel like driving an hour to get there....open mic nights and all that stuff
[url]http://www.survivaloftheweakest.tk[/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/AceMike/sotwbanner.jpg[/img]
songbirdfortwayne
Regular
Regular

Post by songbirdfortwayne »

fIREFLY COFFEE HOUSE, ASPEN COFEE HOUSES, GROUND LEVEL, ETC.... MUNCHIE OPEN MIC ON THURSDAYS, FIREFLY ALSO HAS OPEN MIC ON WEDNESAY. BREW-HA IN COL CITY. ETC...
Promote and Support your local musicians! Buy their CDs and frequent the venues where they play!

I Support local LIVE music!!!!!
MrSpall
Addict
Addict

Post by MrSpall »

SOTW - bad news. Beatnik's closed a couple months ago. I used to live in Marion and it was an outstanding venue. I actually played their grand opening a few years back. We were the first band there and one of the last. Good news is, a new venue, similar in mission will be opening in its place in the next few months.

Seeker's coffeehouse on Coldwater across from Wal-Mart has an excellent stage and the acoustics are great. We play acoustic rock at their open mic every Monday night, and the sound is wonderful.
www.myspace.com/the1947californiacupcakecompany

www.indianajoshandtheblogofdoom.blogspot.com

We all live in a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

If you don't mind a trip to Angola, there's the 101 Lounge. Acoustic performers on Fridays.