attempts for and

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

vv1122365

attempts for and

Post by vv1122365 »

HOUSTON -- Anyone whos seen Jadeveon Clowneys monster tackle against Michigan in the Outback Bowl last year wont be surprised to learn what the No. 1 overall pick likes best about football. "Big hits," he said. "Im all about hitting. I dont care who it is." Thats what the Houston Texans are counting on from the South Carolina defensive end after skipping a chance to take a quarterback -- their top need -- with the top pick Thursday night. Clowney was introduced on Friday in Houston, joining a team that features 2012 Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt. Clowney was already known as a top player before that hit in the Outback Bowl. But when he burst through the line and crashed into Vincent Smith, knocking his helmet off and the ball out of his hands in the process, his star power reached another level. Hes hoping to pile up plenty more highlight-reel hits this season, but knows hell have to be careful about how he delivers them. "Thats what I live for is making big hits," he said. "I hope I dont get no fines this year. I might have to dial it down a little." New Houston coach Bill OBrien, who took over a team that hasnt won since Sept. 15, raved about Clowneys many attributes. But one thing stood out to OBrien as he got to know Clowney. "He really talked about how much he loved winning and how winning was important to him," OBrien said. "These are the type guys that were looking for, were looking for team guys, were looking for tough guys, were looking for guys that are going to come in here and understand that theyre part of a team and theyre coming here to work hard." Houston general manager Rick Smith obviously coveted Clowney for his pass-rushing ability, but values his attitude perhaps just as much. "Hes driven, and in my opinion very committed to being an excellent football play, and we need that," Smith said. Clowney doesnt model his play after any player in particular, but he does study many guys to elevate his game. "I watch J.J. Watt, I watch Ray Lewis, I watch Lawrence Taylor before games," Clowney said. "I go out there on the field (and say): Im about to pull a Lawrence Taylor. Im about to pull a Ray Lewis today. I try to take over the game and try to dominate a game and thats what I do." Clowney got a good laugh during Thursdays news conference when OBrien referred to him as J.D. "I guess he has trouble pronouncing Jadeveon," Clowney said. "So I told him: Just call me J.D., man. Were going to keep it simple. And its quicker and easier." This isnt anything new to Clowney, who said people say his unique name wrong all the time. "I ask mom: Where you get that name from? I mispronounce it sometimes," he joked. "Its all right though. Ive got so many nicknames, people give me J., J.D. call me Clowney, 7. Ive got so many names. Just dont call me Clown." Everyone in his family has names that starts with the letter J, and his mother wanted to incorporate his father Davids name into her sons and came up with the hybrid name. Clowney grew up in Rock Hill, South Carolina, which has a population of less than 70,000 people. Hes excited about moving to big city, but is a bit concerned about the traffic in Houston, home to more than 2 million people. "I better get here early," Clowney said. "If I got to be here at 8, Ive got to get up at 5:30-6, get going and get here on time." Brandon Allen Jersey . Simon (10-3) allowed three runs on five hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings to break a tie with the Dodgers Zack Greinke and Cardinals Adam Wainwright for the NL lead in victories. Simon went to spring training as a relief pitcher and moved into the starting rotation when Mat Latos was recovering from elbow and knee surgeries. Micah Kiser Jersey . -- Edwin Encarnacion hit a three-run homer, Colby Rasmus drove in two runs and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Detroit Tigers 9-4 on Saturday. http://www.cheapramsjerseyssale.com/ .C. -- Ryan Sproul scored the winner late in double overtime to lift the Grand Rapids Griffins to a 2-1 win over the Abbotsford Heat on Friday in Game 1 of their American Hockey League playoff series. Torry Holt Jersey . The Raptors have been outscored 88-66 in the opening quarter over a three-game span to begin the month of February. Their most recent loss, 109-101 in Sacramento on Wednesday, was eerily similar to Saturdays defeat at the hands of the Trail Blazers. Mike Thomas Jersey . Marcus Olsson, 23, joins Blackburn on a free transfer from Swedens Halmstads. He made 139 appearances and scored 17 goals in his four years with the club. He earned his first caps for Sweden this month, featuring against Bahrain and Qatar.Scott Cullen breaks down the opening night of the NHL playoffs, including Daniel Briere looking good for the Habs, the supporting cast coming through for the Penguins and the Stars comeback coming up short in Anaheim. WEISE THE HABS OT HERO A game that went back-and-forth on the scoreboard, though was controlled territorially by Montreal, ended in overtime when Dale Weise buried a pass from Daniel Briere at 18:08 of overtime, giving the Canadiens a 5-4 overtime win in Game One. The goal was Weises fourth in 18 games for the Canadiens since he was acquired from Vancouver, after scoring 10 goals in 135 career games prior. Lets not go changing expectations for Dale Weise the goal-scorer, however; hes still not generating many shots (0.71 per game with Montreal in the regular season), but when it comes to overtime winners, always take em where you can get em. Perhaps more interesting for Montreal is that Daniel Briere had a strong game for Montreal, playing a season-high 18:48 (in a 78-minute game), recording strong possession stats (65.4% Corsi) and, of course, setting up the winning goal. That assist gave Briere 110 points in 109 career playoff games, and his acquisition was touted for his playoff productivity, but it took a lot of patience as he struggled his way to 25 points in 69 regular-season games. If Briere can be a quality contributor in the playoffs, that will add a new dimension to the Canadiens attack. The game featured shoddy defensive play both ways, with Montreal outshooting Tampa Bay 44-25 (67-47 5-on-5 attempts), an unusual development considering that Tampa Bay had decidedly better possession numbers during the regular season. The line doing the most damage, in terms of controlling play, was the number one unit of Max Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Thomas Vanek and they did it while matched most frequently against Tampa Bays top line of Steven Stamkos and Tyler Johnson, with Victor Hedman and Sami Salo on defence. Desharnais was 3-for-17 (17.6%) on face-offs. Tampas top line took a hit early in the third period when LW Ondrej Palat left the game with an upper-body injury. Palat was hit hard by Columbus D Jack Johnson Friday, and was forced to leave the game, so hes hurting. If Palat isnt ready for Game Two, Killorn should continue in that spot, while a veteran like Tom Pyatt might make sense as an addition lower on the depth chart. There had been some talk, prior to the playoffs, that Lightning RW Steven Stamkos hadnt been in top form as he had missed nearly four months with a broken tibia, but he played a season-high 27:18 in Game One, scoring a pair of goals. Killorn, the second-year forward out of Harvard, had a goal and an assist for the Lightning. Montreals multi-point efforts came from unusual sources. C Lars Eller had a goal and an assist; he finished the regular season with three points in the last two games, but had a horrible run of three points in the 33 games before that, so if the Habs are going to get offence from him now, thats a bonus. D Alexei Emelin recorded a pair of assists, while he and Andrei Markov spent most of their night matched up against Stamkos and Johnson. Emelin previously had three multi-point games in 164 career games. That Montreal put five past Lightning G Anders Lindback isnt a huge surprise, but it was slightly more concerning that Canadiens G Carey Price surrendered four goals on 25 shots. They werent all Prices fault, to be sure, but a goaltender in the midst of a big playoff game might stop at least one that managed to get by Price in Game One. The good news for Montreal is that they earned a series-opening win without needing Price to carry them. PENS GET IT DONE Penguins C Brandon Sutter scored the game-winner in the third period, and Pittsburgh escaped with a 4-3 win over Columbus in Game One. While the game wasnt Pittsburghs best, they could take some positives because on a night that Sidney Crosby was held to one assist, and a minus-2 rating, the Penguins got ccontributions from the supporting cast.dddddddddddd RW Beau Bennett and D Matt Niskanen each had a goal and an assist while C Evgeni Malkin had two assists as did defencemen Paul Martin. The Blue Jackets can also take some positives, in that they were competitive on the road against the Penguins and the game was winnable if G Sergei Bobrovsky (28 saves on 32 shots) had been at his best. In their attempt to neutralize Crosby, the Blue Jackets kept Brandon Dubinsky matched up on No. 87 as often as possible. Dubinsky had a game-high nine hits, a highlight-reel assist and led Blue Jackets forwards with 20:29 time on ice. The Crosby line also shuffled during the game, with Brian Gibbons replacing Bennett on right wing. Given the number of guys that have rolled through that spot since Pascal Dupuis was injured this year, it should come as no surprise that the revolving door continues. Columbus D Jack Johnson contributed a goal and an assist. For all the criticism lobbed at Johnson, and he and partner Fedor Tyutin didnt fare well in the possession game in Game One, Johnson now has 14 points in 13 career playoff games. Whats troubling for Columbus, even if they were competitive with the Penguins, is that they lost a game in which they limited Crosbys contribution and it was the Penguins supporting cast that came through. If a team is going to pull off an upset, it would help matters to win in the games that they manage to be reasonably effective against Crosby. FIRST QUACK After racing out to a 4-0 lead by the midway point of the game, the Anaheim Ducks held on for a 4-3 win against the Dallas Stars in Game One. The rally for the Stars started with a second-period 5-on-3 power play goal and then Tyler Seguins third-period goal made for an interesting finish, but it wasnt enough, and despite a situation in which score-effects could have easily led to Dallas getting more shots in the third period, the Ducks outshot Dallas 13-8 in the final frame. Anaheim had contributions throughout the lineup, but the line of Teemu Selanne, Mathieu Perreault and Patrick Maroon was ridicuously dominant in terms of puck possession. Perreault was on for 13 shot attempts for and one against in 5-on-5 play. The most effective Ducks line, in terms of scoring, was their No. 1 line of Ryan Getzlaf, Matt Beleskey and Corey Perry. Both Getzlaf and Beleskey had a goal and an assist, and both left the game with injuries. Beleskey suffered a lower-body injury and didnt play after the midpoint of the third period, then Getzlaf took a Tyler Seguin slapshot in the mouth in the final minute. Early indications on Getzlaf are that he should be okay to play, but if Beleskey happens to be out, there will be an opportunity for someone -- perhaps Kyle Palmieri, who scored the first goal in Game One -- to move up the depth chart. The Stars top line of Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin and Valeri Nichushkin was effective in the possession game and spent the night matched against Getzlafs line in a head-to-head situation. At the other end of the spectrum, Stars veterans Ray Whitney, Shawn Horcoff and Erik Cole struggled, as did defencemen Sergei Gonchar, who took a couple of penalties in limited (11:28) ice time, and Aaron Rome. If the Stars can get D Brenden Dillon back from a lower body injury soon, Rome or Gonchar could easily be bumped from the lineup. Up front, Nichushkin was replaced, for a few shifts, by RW Colton Sceviour, who finished the game with a goal and an assist to lead the Stars. While coming up short on a comeback attempt doesnt do the Stars all that much good, they were more competitive than the score showed early, and a close finish has to be preferable to getting blown out in Game One -- that was looking entirely possible at the midway point. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '