Another food topic.

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Shrugie
Regular
Regular

Another food topic.

Post by Shrugie »

I've recently become restaurant manager of one of our local, non-commercialized eating establishments. What sort of things would you all like to see offered on the new menu due out this fall? Please keep in mind that this is not the Filet-men-yawn (I know it's spelled wrong) sort of place. Thanks in advance.
Most of it seemed to make some sort of sense at the time.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

What place is this? I'll remember not to go there anymore :lol: :wink: jk
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
MynameisJenn
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by MynameisJenn »

some stuff that isn't fried nor soaked in butter aka some healthy sh*t
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/sankofa/jennnewsig.jpg[/img]
MrsV

Post by MrsV »

well when i think of fall, caramel apples, apple cider and pumpkin cheesecake are a must...who am i kidding, these things are always a must!!!! :lol:
check out the latest and greatest with Dean Guitars at www.deanguitars.com and don't forget to check out www.droplistband.com OR you can just check me out at www.myspace.com/mrsv865..more goodies coming soon to a board near you!
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

It seems the fish portion at a lot of restaurants is way too small. Even if you have to use junk fish, or tack a little on the price, make sure the serving size is big enough.

Or just serve my secret Catfish recipe - (w/ collard greens)
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

I'd say a good vegetarian menu item for all the non-meat eating people. My GF is a vegetarian and we always return to the places that have at least 1 thing that isn't meat filled.

It doesn't even have to be super-fancy; a delicious grilled cheese or a sweet vegetable sandwich.

My $0.02
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

all I can say is "Back Off On the Breading Already"

Less is always more
jewlee138
Addict
Addict

Post by jewlee138 »

What restaurant is it?

Dash-In type food available in the evenings would be good.

Ditto on the bomb grilled cheese, Sharkman
Hot "finger-on-keyboard" action

www.expiredmagazine.com
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

And don't charge $4.00 for a grilled cheese or $4.95 for a BLT.

In other words...reasonable pricing.
Shrugie
Regular
Regular

Post by Shrugie »

Very good suggestions everybody. Thanks.

As for the $4 grilled cheese, I can't really do anything about that. You have to add in all the expenses, Not just the bread and cheese. There's also the gas it takes to cook it, the electricity it takes to see it, more gas, water, detergent, and sanitizer to clean the plate, wages for the cook, food and shipping costs, overhead, etc, etc, etc.... Plus we're in buisness to make money so we need to add in extra on top off all that to reap a profit.

I'm not rich by any means so I don't like to pay $4 for a grilled cheese either but given all the added expenses I can understand... :wink:
Most of it seemed to make some sort of sense at the time.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Where is it you manage?
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

I'm all about a $5 grilled cheese, just as long as it's something more then just a plain ol GC.

Adding some 'spices' or maybe a few different cheeses; make it the ultimate...or whatever clever adjective applys.

People will pay $4 for water at the movies; that much for a sandwich doesn't seem out of par.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I'm all about a $5 grilled cheese, just as long as it's something more then just a plain ol GC.
I didn't mean to imply that I'm a cheapass...Jay hit the nail on the head with the way he said it -vs- the way I said it.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I'd like to see some Chicago-style foodstuffs...everytime I go up there to visit, I always try to hit places to get italian beef sandwiches, italian sausages, polish sausages, even just standard, but good, hot dogs...

I don't know if there is a place in town like this, but I would love to see those types of items on a menu.

I'm all about corned beef as well...reuben sandwiches with tons of 'kraut. Corned beef and cabbage...yum, yum. Heck, even going with a Shepard's Pie, could be nice...

Those would be my picks!

PS And "F" the health conscious and vegetarian crap...if you want that sort of stuff, then stay at home and prepare it yourself. If you are going out to eat, you are obviously not THAT health conscious. Go graze on some grass or something:)

Although, on second though, I would welcome all the vegan or health conscious restaurants as long as they let me smoke...that is a fair comprimise!
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]