The **Official** 2006 New York Mets Thread

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Haggard
Regular
Regular

The **Official** 2006 New York Mets Thread

Post by Haggard »

yeah boyyyyyyyyy....

as long as they don't wilt down the stretch they are the team to beat.

booyakasha
This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice.

[img]http://www.wm3.org/database_images/banners/WM3chainBLACKbg.gif[/img]
Kimberlee

Post by Kimberlee »

another METS fan!!!!!!!!
Haggard
Regular
Regular

Post by Haggard »

I gotta bring this back to the top. You Cubs fans can jump on our bandwagon. Pedro or No Pedro.
This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice.

The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

They're the 2nd best NY team. AKA "not" the team to beat. Maybe in the NL...

As for wilting...they've already begun. 4-10 in their last 14 games. Going in to the playoffs, that's not a good thing.

Good luck, though. I'd definitely pull for the Mets if they play the Yanks in the World Series.

I'm secretly rooting for the Dodgers to make a run to send Maddux out on a high note.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

The_Dude wrote:
I'm secretly rooting for the Dodgers to make a run to send Maddux out on a high note.
HOORAY Dodgers!

Also, I don't know about these Mets....if they don't make it to the Series...I feel as though the season was a bust. I have trouble believing that they have a chance to win.....the NL is horrible!

Good luck, though...Cubs fans will wait another year...and another....and another....
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
Haggard
Regular
Regular

Post by Haggard »

The_Dude wrote:They're the 2nd best NY team. AKA "not" the team to beat. Maybe in the NL...

As for wilting...they've already begun. 4-10 in their last 14 games. Going in to the playoffs, that's not a good thing.

Good luck, though. I'd definitely pull for the Mets if they play the Yanks in the World Series.

Hmmmmm... Someone made a little miscalculation. Perhaps it was a decimal out of place.

p.s. There is still room on the bandwagon for youz cubs fans.

The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I still stand by what I said. Let's wait and see if the Mets pitching holds up and then we'll talk.
Haggard
Regular
Regular

Post by Haggard »

Well once again the mets get to watch another fall classic from home.

You can't ask for a better situation than Beltran at the plate with bases loaded.

Go Tigers

The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I was pulling for the Mets. F'ing Molina. Who would've thunk it?

PS...Endy Chavez made one of the greatest catches I've ever seen. That was f'ing remarkable.

The Mets will be back in the hunt next year. Probably with a much stronger pitching staff.

Tigers -vs- Cardinals

I'll take the Tigers in 5.

Verlander, Bonderman, Rogers, Robertson > suppan, carpenter, weaver, insert random turd here
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Tigers in 5. I'm with you. No way the Cards can match up with the best rotation in baseball all year - look it up.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Haggard
Regular
Regular

Post by Haggard »

I don't know if I have ever witnessed a better catch than that. Ever.

Well maybe Dwight Clark.

7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

tigers in 5
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
Austin_Taunt
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin_Taunt »

I'm rooting for the Tigers but the Cardinals have been flying under the radar all year. Even though the record doesn't show it, they played in a tough division that kicked the crap out of each other all year. They have a great lineup (Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Belliard, Molina) that will prolly take the series to 6 games. But the Tigers pitching will take over in the end.