LOST

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Well, I was wrong about the death(s), but check out what Walt had to say last night:

http://www.tvsquad.com/files/2005/11/whatwaltsays.mp3

Spoiler below:

"They're coming, and they're close..."
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

-And kill off the hottest girl on the island (of course after spending a freaking hour doing character development on her)
Dude, Kate's fine; don't worry.
The Hand of Poo
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by The Hand of Poo »

sharkmansix wrote:
-And kill off the hottest girl on the island (of course after spending a freaking hour doing character development on her)
Dude, Kate's fine; don't worry.
Bahahaha... I got a thing for the french chick, actually. It's the whole smarts and survival thing, it's just so romantic.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

I was sorta disapointed in last nights episode... after coming off a three week break and it being sweeps and all and the hype they gave it.... little bit of a let down.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
G Fresh
RockStar
RockStar

Post by G Fresh »

Did any of you happen to tape it? Long story, but basically my VCR punked out on me and didn't record it and I wasn't home all evening. If there is anyway I could get a tape of last night's episode from one of you, I would be forever in your debt...or I would at least buy you a beer.
http://www.myspace.com/matthewgates
http://www.youtube.com/MattyGFresh
Support Local Original Music
romancraig
Regular
Regular

Post by romancraig »

I think my wife tivoed it.
But, I don't possess a vcr to transfer it for ya.

Sorry dude.
www.ojomalo.com
www.myspace.com/ojomalo
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

Fantastic, I like how they did kill off the girl that they did character development on the entire episode. Because it led us to believe, "Oh, there's no way they would waste an episode doing that." So you watch and you think, who is gonna get it, then bam (literally) they off that person. Brilliant, thats why I love the writing, always keepin' you on your toes. But in this show, no one is trully dead. With the flashbacks you can get more of deceased characters, like Boone in this episode (it was nice to see a character that I liked on the show again).

I don't know about anyone else, but I want to know what happened to the rest of the tail section. I think its a story that needs to be told. We may get to see the Others next week, Its supposed to be a hour and a half long or something right?

I like how Locke called out Charlie, in the way only Locke can, about the heroin in the jungle.

I think they are "dragging their feet" because they don't have to rush the plot, and character development only gets better when you can give them more background and depth without, also, having to forward the plot by giant steps every episode. It is what makes it a great show.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Massage...Bored wrote: I think they are "dragging their feet" because they don't have to rush the plot, and character development only gets better when you can give them more background and depth without, also, having to forward the plot by giant steps every episode. It is what makes it a great show.
Exactly!

In this day and age people want instant gratification.

You gotta wait it out and let them reveal what they want you to see at their pace, not yours.
Last edited by Oliver's Army on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

I was up late last week and watching Channel 55 and you know those Red Hot Dateline commercials? Well, Kate (Evengaline Lily) is one of the girls that does a commercial for it, it looks a few years old. But I just thought that it was kind of humorous to see that still being broadcast. no, she wasn't wearing any skimpy bathing suit or lengerie, it was suprisingly classy for one of those comms.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Massage...Bored wrote:I was up late last week and watching Channel 55 and you know those Red Hot Dateline commercials? Well, Kate (Evengaline Lily) is one of the girls that does a commercial for it, it looks a few years old. But I just thought that it was kind of humorous to see that still being broadcast. no, she wasn't wearing any skimpy bathing suit or lengerie, it was suprisingly classy for one of those comms.
Channel55 'eh?

Now...if I just knew somebody over there I could check out that commercial

:lol:
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

antastic, I like how they did kill off the girl that they did character development on the entire episode.
We don't know for sure it's her. Cindy (from the tail section) was missing, and Sawyer is on death's door. For all we know Shannon is going to survive and Cindy or Sawyer is toast.

However, I smell a Cindy flavored red-shirt on the islands horizon.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

I'm pretty sure Shannon died in Said's arms, Jay.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Until she's in the ground, it's up in the air.

If 40-some people can survive a plane crash, then why not a bullet?
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

The eyes rolled back and the scorned lover looked on in anger....thats dead in TV land.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

From a lost fan site:
There is a gunshot heard and as Shannon staggers back into view, she is shown bleeding from the torso. The camera pans back to reveal Ana-Lucia, who mistook Shannon for one of The Others, with a smoking gun. It is not known whether Shannon lives or dies, whilst some viewers have also speculated that it was not Ana who shot Shannon, but perhaps Rousseau or someone else. There is also speculation that one event may not have anything to do with the other as Sayid & Shannon are never actually on screen with Ana and the other "Tailies."