March 16, Sods Reunion @ Come2Go

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

SodsInMyPants
Regular
Regular

March 16, Sods Reunion @ Come2Go

Post by SodsInMyPants »

Yep, you heard it here, first.

Everyone's favorite local celtic-folk-punkabilly band is back for an all ages show at Come2Go Ministries.

Peforming are
The Sods Local celtic punk band, we've been gone for a long time... too long.
Mimi Burns Band Local celtic dance hall of famers.
Out House Boys First known as the Shite House Boys, these kids know how to amp up the blues and blue grass, mostly tradionals, but with an attitude.

All this happening....
Friday, March 16
Come2 Go Ministries
323 W. Baker St.

$5
[i]``The nasty lyrics from 1920s songs can be nastier than anything you hear today. In the song `Tear It Down,' you have monkeys smoking cocaine and a guy beating his wife in front of the cops,'' Ketch Secor, Old Crow Medicine Show.[/i]
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Is Linda playing bass? Or this, like, a Van-Halen-style reunion? :)
SodsInMyPants
Regular
Regular

Post by SodsInMyPants »

Unfortunately, Linda is not playing this show,she has moved on to bigger and better things. If she wants to come up and play we won't say no, though.
[i]``The nasty lyrics from 1920s songs can be nastier than anything you hear today. In the song `Tear It Down,' you have monkeys smoking cocaine and a guy beating his wife in front of the cops,'' Ketch Secor, Old Crow Medicine Show.[/i]
Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Big John »

is channel 2 playing guitar?
SodsInMyPants
Regular
Regular

Post by SodsInMyPants »

he can if he wants!
Bjart Sod
Regular
Regular

Post by Bjart Sod »

Linda? Channel 2? We can beat that! Plans are in the works to buy back the Sod-copter we sold to Alien Dead to fly in none other than SHAUN SOD all the way from NYC, Myanmar. (If that fails, we'll just build a Sod-Land-Bridge and saddle up the Sod-Stallions.)

Although it would be cool to see Linda and Ch2. They might remember a few of the songs we're playing. Or they can just shout "He threw it out the window!" from the wings with our tour manager, Mr. Lou Perlnecklace.

We can only pray to our patron saint of roller skates that the original Curtis Jailor will make an appearance.
[i]Bound his hands, slit his throat
Three Masons stole his life away
And dumped him in the cold Ontario[/i]
SodsInMyPants
Regular
Regular

Post by SodsInMyPants »

We will do our best to make it so.

I am quoting Capt. Picard already, I think Curtis Jailor is in the air.
Bjart Sod
Regular
Regular

Post by Bjart Sod »

This next song is dedicated to anyone who believes Han Solo shot first!

(Or that Twi'leks are kind of hot.)
[i]Bound his hands, slit his throat
Three Masons stole his life away
And dumped him in the cold Ontario[/i]
SodsInMyPants
Regular
Regular

Post by SodsInMyPants »

he'd love it, gotta see if he can make it.
SodsInMyPants
Regular
Regular

Post by SodsInMyPants »

bump!
SodsInMyPants
Regular
Regular

Post by SodsInMyPants »

In other news, the Mimi Burns Band has dropped out but that shouldn't keep you from coming because we have THE STAGGERERS, another hometown celtic chaos crew, this band features the likes of Rod the Bod from Tri State, Tim Puke from Archaic , Tom McSod from the Sods, and the drummer from lady parts and a female from the Goddamits!