wish I had the money...

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

wish I had the money...

Post by bassjones »

Umphrey's McGee is playing in Indy on Friday night. Should be a great show. Oh well, some other time.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Brandon
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by Brandon »

That will be my 10th Umphrey's show. I wish I could go both nights, they are playing Sat. too, but I got a gig. This is one of the coolest live bands around right now, and they just keep getting better. Also, their new 2 disc album is out today.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Meh. Typical jamband, in my opinion. Good, but not great.
Brandon
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by Brandon »

Have you seen them live? I never really got into them until I saw them live for the first time, their albums are really not a good representation of their true sound.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Brandon wrote:Have you seen them live? I never really got into them until I saw them live for the first time, their albums are really not a good representation of their true sound.
as is typical of the typical jam band. live is a wholly different experience than listening to the album.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Brandon wrote:Have you seen them live? I never really got into them until I saw them live for the first time, their albums are really not a good representation of their true sound.
You can't judge a jamband until you've seen them live. That's the rule.

And in this instance, yes, I've seen them live. Like I said...good, not great. They're not a band I'd travel more than a couple of hours to see, unless they're booked to play with someone else I'd like to see (or to play a festival, but chances are I'd watch someone else instead of them @ the festival).