Venyx at C-Street March 2nd

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Oliver's Army wrote: And Kudos to Dan for *even* promoting the gig.
We love you ZenMan =D>
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

If any of you listen to Wild 96.3 (doubtful :wink: ), be listening for our commercials over the next couple of days. They started today and are going through Friday night.
classx

Post by classx »

I just hope there are HOT chicks there that I can lust over and that my wife leaves early ! :evil:
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

classx wrote:I just hope there are HOT chicks there that I can lust over and that my wife leaves early ! :evil:
:D :D :D :D :D

I've been told that the ladies like the girl fronted bands cuz they sing a lot of their favorite songs....hopefully that's true and the girlies are there in force!

Actually...i don't care who's there. As long as there's bunches of people, I'm good!
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

drysdale 2 fo sho

and thanks ollie.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
dofus hipster
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by dofus hipster »

anderson wrote:drysdale 2 fo sho

and thanks ollie.
Cool
Dissed in code.

Did you ever work at HPN?
No Man Can Eat 50 eggs!
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

dofus hipster wrote:
anderson wrote:drysdale 2 fo sho

and thanks ollie.
Cool
Dissed in code.

Did you ever work at HPN?
no code what-so-ever.... it's in plain english.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Dude, you're turning in to Nolan.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

The_Dude wrote:Dude, you're turning in to Nolan.
hey... watch your mouth and eat a bowl of d*cks.

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

Ando...how about you take your limitless negativity elsewhere. This is a thread promoting a show....

...a show that is tonight, by the way! :D

We are a cover band. We play Pop, Rock and R&B. If that sort of thing interests you, please come on out. If it doesn't, there are many other shows to attend. We'd be honored if you do decide to come see us, but either way, have a fun Friday night!
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

zenmandan wrote:Ando...how about you take your limitless negativity elsewhere.
Limitless negativity, eh?

You will come to find that I am the most positive person on this board when it comes to supporting or promoting local music. You can ask nearly anyone on this board...

YOU decided to be an ass in your thread , but I can be an ass too as you can see.... so as the principle from the BReakfast Club and my old buddy Ames used to say...

"You mess with the bull, you get the horns."

Hope your show goes well though... all those drunken frat boys groping the drunk chicks who could care less whether you just ripped a killer solo during a re-hashed cover tune or they hear "Pus sy Control" on the house speakers again because Richard just played it for the fifth time in one set break.

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
Dagwood Lee
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Dagwood Lee »

hey... watch your mouth and eat a bowl of d*cks.
These two know each other.

To clarify, Ando is a big supporter of local music. I think what he was driving at from the very beginning as well as was Jewlee, is that they're both partial to original music and/or bands that do at least some original music plus covers of good music....all a matter of tatste and preference no doubt.

I'm not speaking officially for either one when I say that the whole Drysdale thing goes back to a cover band that some found a little cheesy in that they not only played music in a "power karaoke" style, but were also kind of cheesy in promotions that included Playstation giveaways and posters that were derivative of other people's work. Plus they may have been d*cks. I don't know.

Thing is, Fort Wayne is taken care of when it comes to cover bands and nostalgia tours what with Piere's and Three Rivers. Some people are sick of it. Others can't get enough.

Either way you slice it, it's all a matter of style and taste. And these boards are sometimes about being in the lion's den a bit when you post a show involving a cover band or any band for that matter I suppose.

Anyway, whatever. I'm done. I've added nothing I'm sure.

But I tried.
Stop.Drop.Roll.
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

anderson wrote: YOU decided to be an ass in your thread , but I can be an ass too as you can see.... so as the principle from the BReakfast Club and my old buddy Ames used to say...

"You mess with the bull, you get the horns."
Your right. I was a sarcastic ass, and I apologized via PM. I tried to take a little bit more responsible route and keep any beef you and I had off of this thread, since it doesn't belong here. Nor does continuing to belittle our band and what we do. If you don't like it, don't go. Better yet, start your own thread about how retarded cover bands are and every other band like us because we do popular tunes that people like. Start a thread about how I was a sarcastic prick to you once, since you can't let it go. All I'm trying to do is promote our show, which, by the way, is tonight at Columbia Street West...10:30ish.
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

Dagwood Lee wrote: But I tried.
Thanks. I appreciate the explaination.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

anderson wrote:Hope your show goes well though... all those drunken frat boys groping the drunk chicks who could care less whether you just ripped a killer solo during a re-hashed cover tune or they hear "Pus sy Control" on the house speakers again because Richard just played it for the fifth time in one set break.

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com