It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:13 pm 
Offline
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 1726
Location: Fort Whack transplant victim
Fran_K._Stein wrote:
OK, So I'm a heavily tattooed rockabilly, old school punk sorta girl. The last time I listened to the radio was in a rental car, so it wasn't by choice. Before then I can't remember when I listened to a radio in my home or car. Anyway, I think Venyx really rocks.

I really dig The Ton Up Boys too, and most of their stuff is covers too


Now that's a good endorsement that would make me check 'em out

_________________
Hot "finger-on-keyboard" action

www.expiredmagazine.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:36 am 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am
Posts: 690
Location: The Fort
jewlee138 wrote:
Fran_K._Stein wrote:
OK, So I'm a heavily tattooed rockabilly, old school punk sorta girl. The last time I listened to the radio was in a rental car, so it wasn't by choice. Before then I can't remember when I listened to a radio in my home or car. Anyway, I think Venyx really rocks.

I really dig The Ton Up Boys too, and most of their stuff is covers too


Now that's a good endorsement that would make me check 'em out


Cool. So we'll see you there then, right? It'd be nice to put a face with a lot of these names on here that I still don't know!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:48 pm 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:36 pm
Posts: 7186
I would, but I coach my daughter's 2nd grade basketball team and we're having an end-of-season pizza party.

I was going to be playing with Cynthia a couple of years ago when David Hilts (Recordstar) was putting a band together for her. I never met her but played on a couple of demos and heard her vocals - put on afterwards, and she's got a set of pipes.

You don't do any Sade stuff do you? Because she kills on that sort of stuff.

_________________
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:12 pm 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am
Posts: 690
Location: The Fort
Nope. No Sade. Not now anyway. Who knows for the future. We're planning on staying as current as possible with our set list with a few fun older tunes thrown in (Come On Eileen and My Sharona for example), so I don't know if we'd do any Sade or not. I'll have to ask Cyn about it though. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:18 pm 
Offline
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:50 pm
Posts: 13628
Location: 46802
were any of you guys in Drysdale?

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw | http://www.dirtyfootfamily.com

[b][i]1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.[/i] - Romans 15[/b]

http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://ThePeopleBlog.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:27 pm 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am
Posts: 690
Location: The Fort
I'm not sure. Luke played in Rushville Whig (spelling?) for many years, and Les, our bass player played in a Pink Floyd tribute called One Of These Daze. Leon, the other guitar player hasn't done anything around this area before. As far as the girls go, I don't think they have either. When were they around?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:29 pm 
Offline
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:50 pm
Posts: 13628
Location: 46802
just last year.... nevermind...

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw | http://www.dirtyfootfamily.com

[b][i]1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.[/i] - Romans 15[/b]

http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://ThePeopleBlog.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:05 am 
Offline
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 1726
Location: Fort Whack transplant victim
Ando, I love you.

_________________
Hot "finger-on-keyboard" action

www.expiredmagazine.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:24 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 15
zenmandan wrote:
I'm not sure. Luke played in Rushville Whig (spelling?) for many years, and Les, our bass player played in a Pink Floyd tribute called One Of These Daze. Leon, the other guitar player hasn't done anything around this area before. As far as the girls go, I don't think they have either. When were they around?


does pissing off my neighbors count?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:44 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:46 pm
Posts: 13
Location: at a roller rink near you
zenmandan wrote:
jewlee138 wrote:
Fran_K._Stein wrote:
OK, So I'm a heavily tattooed rockabilly, old school punk sorta girl. The last time I listened to the radio was in a rental car, so it wasn't by choice. Before then I can't remember when I listened to a radio in my home or car. Anyway, I think Venyx really rocks.

I really dig The Ton Up Boys too, and most of their stuff is covers too


Now that's a good endorsement that would make me check 'em out


Cool. So we'll see you there then, right? It'd be nice to put a face with a lot of these names on here that I still don't know!!


Yep, I'll be there, me and some of the FORT WAYNE DERBY GIRLS!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline
The Jam Crib
The Jam Crib

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 394
Location: Fort Wayne
Face the facts, there are all sorts of ways that musicians can apply their talents to an enormous amount of different pursuits. Covers, originals, orchestral, drum corps, street corner doo-wop, whatever, etc., etc. What is important is that a musician discovers the best way to apply their talent and then perform its for the people who will enjoy and appreciate it.

_________________
http://www.jamcrib.com
http://www.myspace.com/jamcrib


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:32 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 15
Location: Northwest Ohio
simpletim wrote:
Face the facts, there are all sorts of ways that musicians can apply their talents to an enormous amount of different pursuits. Covers, originals, orchestral, drum corps, street corner doo-wop, whatever, etc., etc. What is important is that a musician discovers the best way to apply their talent and then perform its for the people who will enjoy and appreciate it.


word up. can't wait to rock c-street friday.

looking forward to meeting Fran K Stein and her crew


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:58 am 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am
Posts: 690
Location: The Fort
I made this up for our guests for this Friday. This is going to be a killer show.




Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:04 pm 
Offline
SuperStar
SuperStar

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:09 am
Posts: 484
Location: That (points above) Is What I Like
The chicks look great but that poster is a mess man. For real.

You need to hit up Ollie.

_________________
Stop.Drop.Roll.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:13 pm 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am
Posts: 690
Location: The Fort
Well EXCUUUUSE MEEEEE!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
     
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group