What it is like to come back to Runescape following a decade

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

StevenCao

What it is like to come back to Runescape following a decade

Post by StevenCao »

Old School Runescape may only have roughly 25,000 players at any given moment - barely a scratch on the amounts it used to achieve in 2006 - but its players have known the game for ages. They've decade-old friendships , they know where to hang out, the way to interact and almost every talking point the match and its particular history has ever produced. They ramble past each other without commenting, don't all converge in the very same areas for no reason or attend feign parties in OSRS gold empty attics... they just get on with playing the game.

Runescape is best experienced as a never-ending RPG. There are online adventures to be had there, but those that I played through were structured and curated than anything else in Old School Runescape. My thoughts of Runescape in 2006 completely revolve around interacting with others. I had been duped or lured into PvP zones and killed almost daily since I was promised some gift from a top level player, but as frequently as gamers exploited my ignorance that there were countless times that they provided to help me, taking me under their wing into analyzing boss fights or giving me free gear.

They made the enormous, sprawling Stronghold of Security and stuffed it with exceptional rewards just to teach players about online safety, they eliminated free trade to prevent new players getting conned into unfair prices, and made it so players could just lose a small amount of loot upon perishing at the Wilderness.

The present model of Runescape was basically made for me. But while I enjoyed spending a few days bumbling about its own world and revelling in its own clear familiarity, it's done nothing to fulfill the Runescape craving that brought me there in the first location.A return to classic PC game Runescape Following 11 years

I recently decided to have a trip over to Runescape's site and log into the game to find out what has changed. Now the game uses Java and C++ and has received many updates in the 11 years of my lack.

I, unfortunately, missed out on the first Runescape, joining in 2004 buy RS gold when Runescape two went live (which brought 3D pictures and other substantial updates )back when I was a teen in school. I do not even need to know the amount of hours myself and friends lost to Runescape across several balances -- it would be well into the thousands.

The beauty of Runescape at that time was the low system requirements and incredibly addictive grind-like gameplay. The MMORPG makes full use of a skill system which needs experience points (EXP) to rise in amounts up to a total of 99 in each ability. Skills protect many areas, from battle to prayer, wood cutting into fishing, and smithing to crafting. There was enough material to keep all of us entertained, whichever skill you chosen.