It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: should appeal to a wide range of
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:09 am 
Regular
Regular

This is where things get interesting. I’ve talked to a few other people who have run in the Zante and the comparison I am seeing frequently is a a cross between the Pearl Izumi Road N1 and the Saucony Kinvara. My initial thought was a cross between the Skechers GoRun 1 and the PI Road N1. The reason being is that it has the firm sole feel and smooth transition of the Pearl N1, and a midfoot Nike Air Odyssey Femme bump and upper reminiscent of the Skechers GR1.
One of the first things I noticed upon putting the shoes on my feet was the Nike Air Max 90 Mujer Rosas distinct midfoot bump. Some might call it arch support, but to me it feels more like a bump or ridge that extends across the width of the shoe under the arch. In this sense it’s like the GR1 or maybe the original Brooks PureConnect (the PI N1 even has a bit of this type of feel). It was a bit disconcerting at first, but like the bump in the GoRun the sensation went away after running in them a bit. You will feel it while standing in them, but it has been a non-issue for me on the run.
New Balance Fresh Foam Zante My first run in the Zante was on a very cold day, and I felt that the sole was very firm, much like that of the 980. After running in them in a variety of temperatures for the following several weeks I’ve come to think that the Zante is a tad softer than the 980, moreso under the heel (as with most shoes, the sole feels firmer in the cold). The midfoot through forefoot are firm and responsive, and unless you are a heavy heel striker that’s probably how you’ll describe the Zante experience. However, when forcing a harder heel strike (I’m a light heel striker) I was better able to feel the softness of the heel and the smooth transition from heel to forefoot. I think the Zante will appeal to both types of runners, and it’s interesting how different Nike Air Max 270 Womens the ride feels depending on how you contact.The outsole of the Zante is full coverage rubber – as a result, I expect durability should be decent.
The New Balance Fresh Foam Zante is the kind of shoe that will work well when you pick up the pace due to the firm and responsive forefoot, and it’s also well-cushioned enough to handle longer runs. Overall it’s a very versatile shoe that should appeal to a wide range of runners. If the upper tear on my shoe is not a widespread issue I’d rank it among the better shoes I have reviewed this year. I highly recommend Nike Roshe Run Womens the Zante! I did try the NYC Zante’s on and while I liked the new VL-6 last I was a little turned off by what seemed to be excessive toe spring to me so didn’t end up running in them. Did you get any of that? I did notice the midfoot bump too which I didn’t expect after Nike Air Vapormax Womens trying the 980, but overall I’d agree that the shoe would probably work for many runners, although for me with the adios boost for longer efforts and many other lighter shoes for faster stuff, it felt like it would sit too much in the middle on the fast/long continuum for me. For someone looking for one shoe to do a lot various work though it could be pretty appealing