Asia Reunion Tour

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Asia Reunion Tour

Post by =^-..-^= »

They'll be in Indy at Music Mill on April 19th. I saw Carbon Leaf at Music Mill; it is a great venue.

Anyone going? While I'm not abig Asia fan, I am a fan of the bands these guys came from- King Crimson, ELP, Yes, & the Buggles. (They do a version of "Video Killed the Radio Star" & Roundabout on the tour)
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

Wow...I'd love to go. Hmm...have to see what I can do...
MrSpall
Addict
Addict

Re: Asia Reunion Tour

Post by MrSpall »

=^-..-^= wrote:They'll be in Indy at Music Mill on April 19th. I saw Carbon Leaf at Music Mill; it is a great venue.
+100

Played there right after it opened. Fantastic venue. Saw an Eels show there. Kick ass place.
www.myspace.com/the1947californiacupcakecompany

www.indianajoshandtheblogofdoom.blogspot.com

We all live in a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I saw an Asia reunion tour about 12 years ago and it was not very good - other than Steve Howe of course... He was amazing. The show itself was a bit long in the tooth.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

This show was very good; I'd give it an A-.

Man, why were there all these OLD farts in the crowd? ;-)

Yes, Steve Howe's guitar playing really made the show. He was phenomenal all evening.

Carl Palmer was on some Ludwig Vistalites which sounded like absolute CRAP. He looked he was having the most fun of the four. The highlight for him was a mindblowing drum solo. It was very old-skool jazzy - lots of technique, speed, and chops. Just for the love of God, get some WOOD drums!

John Wetton's voice was still very strong. He looked tired, but considering he battled cancer, that's understandable.

Geoff Downs was awesome on keyboards. He pulled off a very full sound with a minimum of sequencing. A lot of his backing vox were either sampled or run through a vocorder. He had 3 racks of 3 keyboard stacks arranged in a U. Unfortunately, this forced him to commit the cardinal sin of playing live, which is having his back to the audience most of the night. On the last song, he pulled out a keytar, which was laughable.
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

When I saw them it was sans Wetton. Then&Now tour.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.