DYING FETUS/CEPHALIC CARNAGE/Nov. 17/South Bend - ALL AGES!

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

FINNCADE

DYING FETUS/CEPHALIC CARNAGE/Nov. 17/South Bend - ALL AGES!

Post by FINNCADE »

DYING FETUS & CEPHALIC CARNAGE - SAT. NOV. 17 - SOUTH BEND!

HELP SPREAD THE WORD!

PLEASE COPY AND REPOST!!!
Aero
Regular
Regular

Post by Aero »

Who can honestly differentiate between any of those bands? Screams, down-tuned guitars and "scary" names - I know I'm ranting but this is a great example of people buying into the repackaging of the same old stuff.
down_fall

Post by down_fall »

Who can honestly differentiate between any of those bands?

Me.
www.myspace.com/cougarhunterfortwayne
www.myspace.com/imminentdemise
www.myspace.com/cutthroatdreams
FINNCADE

Post by FINNCADE »

Aero wrote:Who can honestly differentiate between any of those bands? Screams, down-tuned guitars and "scary" names - I know I'm ranting but this is a great example of people buying into the repackaging of the same old stuff.
I've read some of your previous posts and it seems you boast about bands who sound like rehashed versions of Alice In Chains and/or The Misfits (a.k.a. The Same Old Stuff), but yet you seem to want to "rant" about something you obviously aren't well informed about (a.k.a. death/grind metal), or even willing to investigate the pure intensity of these particular bands' musical greatness/abilities. Plus, Dying Fetus and Cephalic Carnage have been around for years. They aren't "repackaging" anything. They ARE true metal.

I'm just here to promote an awesome show!

Hey, down_fall! Hope you can make it out to South Bend this weekend!

Spread the word!
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Aero wrote:Who can honestly differentiate between any of those bands? Screams, down-tuned guitars and "scary" names - I know I'm ranting but this is a great example of people buying into the repackaging of the same old stuff.
Damn, this is what's wrong with the internet. Some goof ball (with a Mad Season picture as their icon BTW,) trying to talk some nonsense about something they're totally clueless about. Regardless of how you feel about these bands, or this genre of music, it's pretty unnecessary to say crap someone's show like this. This promoter puts lots of work into shows, and I'm sure this show in particular, as I'm sure all the bands have big guarantees and stuff. It will definitely be a great show and to be coming so close to Ft Wayne is even better.

The two headliners have been around a long time and are on a prominent metal label, etc, and the "newer" bands (Skeletonwitch-from Ohio and Demericous-from Indy,) totally rule. If I didn't have to work, I'd definitely be there.
[url]http://www.myspace.com/thelurkingcorpses[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/ftwpunkmetalhardcore260[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/gravesoftheendlessfall[/url]
fragile_funk
Careful with the Funk
Careful with the Funk

Post by fragile_funk »

Whoa, Skeletonwitch is super-metal!
[url]http://www.myspace.com/zephaniahband[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/hammerstrikestudio[/url]
Aero
Regular
Regular

Post by Aero »

FINNCADE wrote:
I've read some of your previous posts and it seems you boast about bands who sound like rehashed versions of Alice In Chains and/or The Misfits (a.k.a. The Same Old Stuff), but yet you seem to want to "rant" about something you obviously aren't well informed about (a.k.a. death/grind metal), or even willing to investigate the pure intensity of these particular bands' musical greatness/abilities. Plus, Dying Fetus and Cephalic Carnage have been around for years. They aren't "repackaging" anything. They ARE true metal.

I'm just here to promote an awesome show!

Hey, down_fall! Hope you can make it out to South Bend this weekend!

Spread the word!
Hey man, good luck on your show and I didn't really mean to derail it this thread - I'd be willing to discuss the credibility of death metal in another thread.

Besides that, I don't see any connection between Alice in Chains and The Misfits... and I'm not even a fan of the latter.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Please see TOS. This is not the place to discuss the merits of death metal. Discuss this show.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

Is Cookie Monster gonna' be there? Cuz' if the CM is guesting on the mike, I am there!
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
FINNCADE

Post by FINNCADE »

There's been talk that he may make an appearance. I checked his MySpace page today but there was no news about it. I really hope he does show. I LOVE cookies.
down_fall

Post by down_fall »

There's been talk that he may make an appearance. I checked his MySpace page today but there was no news about it. I really hope he does show. I LOVE cookies.

I checked Brujeria's site and they aren't playing this show either.

(The dude really does sound like cookie monster, except en espanol).
www.myspace.com/cougarhunterfortwayne
www.myspace.com/imminentdemise
www.myspace.com/cutthroatdreams
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

down_fall wrote:
(The dude really does sound like cookie monster, except en espanol).
¡ME WANT EL COOKIEO!
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
GRAVE ROBBER
Regular
Regular

Post by GRAVE ROBBER »

If Cook is there, I'm not going. (Notice I call him "Cook" for short).

Me and Cook had a falling out at Mr. Hoople's store awhile back. He was looking at my girl with a pretty hungry look. Ok, it coulda been the snickerdoodle crumbs on her chin, but I just don't go for hairy, blue dudes looking at my girl like that!!!

Last time a blue/purple hairy dude looked at my girl, . . . Grimace dissapeared. Capiche?

Notice Grimace vanished right about the time Barney the dino showed up? Coincidence? I think not!

2 words:

WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM!!!!

Bottom line: If I see that fat, hairy cookie crunching, toothless sack o' crap on the streets, IT'S ON!!!!!!!!

AND. . . will someone please tell Ernie and Bert to come outta the closet!!!!!!
Death, where is thy sting?