Trans Siberia Orchestra.

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Trans Siberia Orchestra.

Post by Oliver's Army »

Holy Crap.

Kansas meets Yes meets King Crimson meets ELO meets Genesis meets Emerson Lake and Palmer meets Beethoven. Then throw in a little Eddie Van Halen and Joe Satriani.

Then hire Pink Floyd's lighting crew, add some lasers and fire and you got yourself a show.

The tunes were a little pompus and over the top...the narration got a bit old.. and a couple slow songs were snoozers..but this show fed every craving my A.D.D. needed.

And then some.

Glad I went

Cool.
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

We covered their Carol of the Bells in church a couple years ago. Blew the roof off! Wish I'd seen them this time.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

what. a. show.
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

I always love giving the back story on that band. When I was about 16 I was all about Prog rock, and I discovered the band Savatage via their "Dead Winter Dead" album. I didn't know much of the group, but I later learned that they had been releasing albums since the early 80's and had gone through total 80's cheese rock operas, to 90's semi-cheesy rock operas. On "Dead Winter Dead" is their version of "Carol of the Bells", though it is called "Christmas Eve: Saravego 1924" (something like that). That song became a huge hit on the radio in Florida during christmas, and the record company approached Savatage and wanted them to do an album entirely of Christmas tunes. The band thought that was a terrible idea, but they agreed to start another project, which was to become Trans Siberian Orchestra. They released a christmas album (which I believe contained "Carol of the Bells") and it went platinum. So they did 2 more consecutive christmas albums and also released a rock opera called "Beethovens Last Night", which had little to no acclaim. It's kind of a strange cd.

So essentially, Trans Siberian Orchestra is composed of Jon Olivia, who is the main writer/keyboardist/vocalist for Savatage, and their producer Paul O'neil who also writes the lyrics for Savatage's albums. The musicians are current and former Savatage members such as Chris Caffery, and Al Pitrelli (who had a brief stint in Megadeth). Now TSO has an East coast band, and a West coast band, so they can play as much as possible. haha.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

Morphine Child wrote:I always love giving the back story on that band.
I love you metall dorks.
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

Massage...Bored wrote:
Morphine Child wrote:I always love giving the back story on that band.
I love you metall dorks.
I'm a recovering metal/extreme prog music addict. :)
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
ZychieG
Regular
Regular

Post by ZychieG »

it was a sweet show minus the meatloaf sounding songs in the first hour. if you like meatloaf, its cool, just dont admit it. cause i dont......admit it.
Sign of the Hammer!
If you would like to book with Argonaut email at booking@Argonautmetal.com or call 260-413-2027

Also check us out at
http://www.Argonautmetal.com

If you would like to book with Cougar Hunter please email:

cougarhunterfortwayne@gmail.com or call 260-413-2027