2007 BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY CONCERT DATES SCHEDULED!!

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

jewlee138
Addict
Addict

2007 BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY CONCERT DATES SCHEDULED!!

Post by jewlee138 »

Thanks to everyone who supported the "Wired for Sound" Concert Series at the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory this summer.

The outdoor concert series is officially a "GO" for 2007 and I am being assured that 2007 promises to include LOCAL bands/performers paired with national/regional acts each week.

Since it's never too soon to start planning, the dates for next year are as follows:

July 27
August 3
August 10
August 17
August 24
August 31
September 7 (Grand Season Finale)
Hot "finger-on-keyboard" action

www.expiredmagazine.com
Aero
Regular
Regular

Post by Aero »

Who books these shows?
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

jewlee, you've got to get us on one of these shows... pretty, pretty, pretty please???? Don't make me beg or promise favors...
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
jewlee138
Addict
Addict

Post by jewlee138 »

I can be bribed with beer & cheesecake.

Plus, I invited Atherton onto the committee ;)
Last edited by jewlee138 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

www.expiredmagazine.com
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I hear my friend, Mark Garr is on the committee as well. Mark's a good guy. Great performer too. Go see him if you get the chance.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
jewlee138
Addict
Addict

Post by jewlee138 »

Yeah, I went to Dylan with him & then saw him the next night at Paula's. Good time (and damn good food & drinks, too.)

www.expiredmagazine.com
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

It's all making sense now... He said he wanted to leave the Dylan show because he doesn't care much for Bob, but stayed because the people he went with (you, apparently) were big Dylan fans.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
jewlee138
Addict
Addict

Post by jewlee138 »

bassjones wrote: because the people he went with (you, apparently) were big Dylan fans.

Ha. I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but I def. didn't wanna leave without seeing him perform. That would've just been silly. Like getting up from dinner and leaving your cheesecake sit on the table.

www.expiredmagazine.com
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Especially since you didn't even get there until right before he started.
flapjacks
RockStar
RockStar

Post by flapjacks »

if jimmy vaughn was playing last i'd leave before he played. i bet there were hundreds of people in a 10 mile radius that could play and sing better than him.

i said it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4453/davidhasselhoff2gc.jpg[/img][/url]

David hasselhoff, a rocket of dissapointment
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

flapjacks wrote:if jimmy vaughn was playing last i'd leave before he played. i bet there were hundreds of people in a 10 mile radius that could play and sing better than him.

i said it.
-10,000 cool points

Wow. I bet you were in the minority that night, then. His set was EXCELLENT.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

flapjacks wrote:if jimmy vaughn was playing last i'd leave before he played. i bet there were hundreds of people in a 10 mile radius that could play and sing better than him.

i said it.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

If I was an Admin I'd ban you for that! Jimmy Vaughn is a phenomenal guitarist. He's been schooling little boys in the blues since before your daddy was sneaking peaks at the Sears catalog's bra section. Jimmy Vaughn!?!?!?!!??!! Not that good?!?!?!?!?!?! Jimmy, has shared the stage with Buddy Guy, BB King, Eric Clapton, Robert Cray AND taught his little brother Stevie Ray (Yes, that Stevie Ray Vaughn) to play, Jimmy Vaughn?!?!?!?!? If there is ONE person within a 100 mile radius than can play as well (not good) as Jimmy Vaughn, then my lead guitarist just got fired and I'm hiring him.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
beck
Regular
Regular

Post by beck »

Jimmy Vaughn was by far the most boring set of music I have seen in the last 10 years. It sounded like Double Trouble minus a single good solo(with the exceopition of his rythym player) who in my opinion showed him up that night.

I also thought Junior Brown made Jimmy Vaughn look like an amatuare(sp?)

Just my opinion, and everyone around me at the show.

Sorry Fleek, I hope we can still be friends.
damien drake

What kinda music????

Post by damien drake »

Damien Drake here from Soulfyre. What kind of music is being booked for these shows????? By the way I deliver BEER and make cheesecake on the weekends!!!!!!
SUPPORT LOCAL ORIGINAL MUSIC.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

beck wrote:Jimmy Vaughn was by far the most boring set of music I have seen in the last 10 years. It sounded like Double Trouble minus a single good solo(with the exceopition of his rythym player) who in my opinion showed him up that night.

I also thought Junior Brown made Jimmy Vaughn look like an amatuare(sp?)

Just my opinion, and everyone around me at the show.

Sorry Fleek, I hope we can still be friends.
I wasn't there, so I have no basis to form an opinion for that night's set, but I stand by my initial reply. Jimmy's a monster.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com