ONE GREAT NIGHT IN FORT WAYNE FOR MUSIC LOVERS

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

ShadyPete

Post by ShadyPete »

Wow I don't know what to say. A huge thank you to everyone that came out. We had a great time meeting everyone and playing with some truely great bands. I don't think anyone was as surprised as we were with the final standings. Again thanks everyone and congrats to LLC on moving on.
Buddy did it with a 4 piece...
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

indeed- a marvelous night. a damb good crowd for a tuesday! congrats to those that advanced- you earned it.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

bassjones wrote:And where were you sir Fleek? You and Ando could have pushed us over the top... :P
I was at home watching TV.

1.) I don't go out on Tuesdays. No offense.
2.) Columbia Street West can suck a fat one.
beck
Regular
Regular

Post by beck »

Congrats to sketh machine, those guys forking rocked it last night. Overall it was one hell of a fun evening, full of great music. Thank you so much to everyone that came out and made it such a success of an evening. It was a pleasure as always to play with all these bands.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

what a great night.

awesome music....all night long.
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

randomhero wrote:here is my prediction:

1st Place - Kick Ass Band
2nd Place - Kick Ass Band
3rd Place - Kick Ass Band
4th Place - Sketch Machine
Now, what do you have to say???
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
SHAWN
The King of ALLCAPS-Core.
The King of ALLCAPS-Core.

Post by SHAWN »

HECK YEAH!!!

Last night was a complete blast!!

Thanx to everyone for their kind words and and thanx so much for welcoming Greg Titzer into The Migraines.

If I had to guess I would guess we came in last. We have no friends. :cry:

MOST IMPORTANTLY: I hope that some new people got introduced to The Migraines, I hope tha tany thought of us being a punk band has finally been laid to rest, and I hope that some old school fans became fans again.

Major props to Sketch Machine, North River Agents, and The Mighty Left Lane Cruiser

We gots lots more rock fo' ya! Stay tuned and we'll stay loud!!!!

Rock on,
Shawn
LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. . .
randomhero
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by randomhero »

bassjones wrote:

A. That as much as you like to preach about peace and unity you're quite the instigator.

B. They obviously brought more crowd.
If we are all God's children, what makes Jesus so special?

"I'm a random person that thinks you're moderately decent so put a quote of it in your signature to be a turd."
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

final numbers are on whatzup's site, it went:

Sketch Machine
LLC
NoRA
Migraines
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

randomhero wrote:
bassjones wrote:

A. That as much as you like to preach about peace and unity you're quite the instigator.

B. They obviously brought more crowd.
Wrong on the first point. I stayed all night and cheered on the other 3 bands all night. Also, I expect you might apologize to Sketch Machine for your harsh post, but instead you choose to be mad at me for calling you out on it.

Right on the second point. We finished higher in the judges placement, but they killed us in audience voting points. And good for them for doing so. I actually thought they were very good and it was good to meet them and hear them play for the first time.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
randomhero
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by randomhero »

bassjones wrote:Wrong on the first point. I stayed all night and cheered on the other 3 bands all night. Also, I expect you might apologize to Sketch Machine for your harsh post, but instead you choose to be mad at me for calling you out on it.
What do you want a bozo forking button? THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. So many times have I been to a show where there are several bands playing, BOTB even Saturday at the Maumee Show, alot of the bands show up right when they are suppose to and leave as soon as their set is done. That's bullsh*t... if this is suppose to be a MUSIC COMMUNITY every band that plays should stay and root on and check out all the other bands they are performing with.

Don't come for your set and leave that's sh*tty and selfish.

And just because their fans say they were better last night... doesn't mean I still don't think they suck.
bassjones wrote:Right on the second point. We finished higher in the judges placement, but they killed us in audience voting points. And good for them for doing so. I actually thought they were very good and it was good to meet them and hear them play for the first time.
So obviously you rocked harder than they did and you didn't move on... still proves my point that no matter how many of THEIR fans they brought.. they still suck. Of course they're gonna move on if you didn't bring the crowd and they did.
If we are all God's children, what makes Jesus so special?

"I'm a random person that thinks you're moderately decent so put a quote of it in your signature to be a turd."
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

bassjones wrote:
Wrong on the first point. I stayed all night and cheered on the other 3 bands all night. Also, I expect you might apologize to Sketch Machine for your harsh post, but instead you choose to be mad at me for calling you out on it.

What do you want a bozo f*#king button? THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. So many times have I been to a show where there are several bands playing, BOTB even Saturday at the Maumee Show, alot of the bands show up right when they are suppose to and leave as soon as their set is done. That's bullsh*t... if this is suppose to be a MUSIC COMMUNITY every band that plays should stay and root on and check out all the other bands they are performing with.

Don't come for your set and leave that's sh*tty and selfish.

And just because their fans say they were better last night... doesn't mean I still don't think they suck.
I see your point. I however was there a good chunk of the day Saturday. I got there with the majority of my band and watched quite a few people play. I left right after our set, but that's because I had a dog that had been home alone since 3:00, and he needed some daddy time.

At any rate, I'm done with this...
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
jedi

Post by jedi »

randomhero wrote:What do you want a bozo f*#king button? THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. So many times have I been to a show where there are several bands playing, BOTB even Saturday at the Maumee Show, alot of the bands show up right when they are suppose to and leave as soon as their set is done. That's bullsh*t... if this is suppose to be a MUSIC COMMUNITY every band that plays should stay and root on and check out all the other bands they are performing with.
good point.
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
david sumner
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by david sumner »

some random thoughts for randomhero:

i find it odd that you call out bassjones for 'preaching peace and unity and also being an instigator' when you are doing the very same thing

one minute you deride a band competing in the battle of the bands and the next you encourage everyone to embrace musicians and the sense of community that should go along with them

doesnt seem to make much sense - although its a great example of situational ethics
WOLVERINES!

[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/nodpresion/sideshowbob.jpg[/img][img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/nodpresion/fatduritz.jpg[/img]
jewlee138
Addict
Addict

Post by jewlee138 »

The whole only supporting shows that YOUR band is playing or showing up for YOUR set & leaving or thinking because YOU'RE a performer you should NEVER pay a cover charge is a problem that local hip-hop groups, bands & dj's all face in Fort Wayne.

I know it's impossible (and costly) to support EVERYONE, especially if you have a family, needy pets or a job... but I think it's definitely something the "community" needs to get better at.
Hot "finger-on-keyboard" action

www.expiredmagazine.com