2006 Maumee Music Fest

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Word was spread, but it still made it impossible to hear each other, which is a key component of putting on a good performance. Not intending to whine, just making a suggestion to change that aspect for next year.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

bassjones wrote:Word was spread, but it still made it impossible to hear each other, which is a key component of putting on a good performance. Not intending to whine, just making a suggestion to change that aspect for next year.
it's noted along with the other changes.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
mrjonson
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by mrjonson »

Did anyone else have a good time?

lets show some great positives..... like i said all i did was show up and play best i could

Thanks for......

the oppertunity
the exposure
the wendys cups ful of mountain dew ( thanks wallace )
all the pretty ladies in short shorts
the people that stayed there in the shade and listened
the lovely cement pond ( somebieeatch the f*ucker is shallow )
the equipment useage

damnit just thanks for a great local jam

peace

Munger
www.myspace.com/dirtymunger

Acoustic Folkin' Blues Baby
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Thanks Ando & Jewels!

8)
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

first pic I've found online... send me all the pictures you took... pretty please with a cherry on top.

1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Munger: Highlight of the day would be the Wendy's $.99 value menu I bet?? ;)

I think the show was good. Issues coming from a FIRST show are being noted and will of course be considered. Our showcases took time to develop. As well the Deer Park Sessions are a work in progress. You always have to start SOMEWHERE...and START being the key word.

This is the first real all local (mostly original) out door festival I have seen in the Fort and props all around to EVERYONE involved. I think it is a definate step in the right direction and look for a better show next year.

I addressed the issue of the second stage immediately when I heard they were going at the same time. Anderson replied with a known understanding of the problems that would come of it, but to his defense at that point there was nothing much that could be done other than to start dropping bands, cutting set times, and all around reworking the plan.

I know from sitting on the 'grassy knoll' that they sounded great when they played the second stage and you could only (from the stands) hear a slight overrun from the main stage...

Hell...let's talk about the TRF jackasses that allowed yet ANOTHER stage start directly behind our main stage after the races ended...Casey made the point during the DG set about them.

As far as cooporation with TRF...many things need to be done for us and given to us and are all listed and will be directly addressed in coming months. You saw the turnout if you stuck around most of the day or came from time to time...so we know what we CAN do...now we just have to ACHIEVE it...

Again...props all around and let's move on to a new project. I have several in the works and will be announcing more on them by months end.

Hooray Beer!
Chris
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Agreed Chris. Very good for a first year...
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

And for the record it was suggested to me by several people involved to cut the entire second stage... but I fought to keep it.

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Maybe next year one of your friends in television can sponsor this event and get you a sh*t-ton more promotion.

But I guess cash is ALWAYS King 'eh?

:roll:

Good Job Ando, Jewlee and all.

Sorry Ando if I made you intro bands and stuff.

heheheheh
flapjacks
RockStar
RockStar

Post by flapjacks »

i saw homeboy here for the first time ^

its weird, i expected you would be elvis costello for some reason even though you have stated youare not elvis ostello
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4453/davidhasselhoff2gc.jpg[/img][/url]

David hasselhoff, a rocket of dissapointment
flapjacks
RockStar
RockStar

Post by flapjacks »

and i probably have the same complaints as everyone but i enjoyed it. how much can you complain about 25 acts for free?

and DG tore it up DG style
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4453/davidhasselhoff2gc.jpg[/img][/url]

David hasselhoff, a rocket of dissapointment
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

That was quite possibly the sweatiest day of my life.

let's hear it for bikes and nasty watered fountains.
mkelley
One Lucky Trainhopper
One Lucky Trainhopper

Post by mkelley »

Superhunk made me glad that I could not find enough friends to field a band called Matt Kelley & His Only Friends. But then, after Friday, everyone knows I have a crush on Jon Ross.

Anyway, I was at MMF in the mid-day hot sun and it was sparse -- but music being performed was really awesome and I greatly enjoyed it, as did those in attendance.

Kinks to be sure, but I think they've been addressed and the promoters seem aware and on top of it.
The one thing I'd like to see is more of a community / city involvement -- I loved seeing everyone from the boards and the bands, but we knew we'd see eachother, eh? When I was there it felt like a secret society. It seems I was just too early, and didn't stay late enough for John Q Public, but then again I wanted to see my Superhunk and my Sankofa and my Lo-Auto.
Anyway, it'd be great to see MMF introduce a few dozen (or a few hundred -- let's have goals) new members to the FWM.com community. I hope this very thing happened when it got packed later on in the evening.

PS: I also found extreme satisfaction in watching Definitely Gary play the main stage at the TRF tent at 5:30PM on Saturday. It was so surreal I thought someone slipped some acid into my Sati Babi sauce.
mkelley
One Lucky Trainhopper
One Lucky Trainhopper

Post by mkelley »

By "community / city involvement" by the way, I don't mean governmental, I mean PEOPLE -- fans, passers-by, browsers, aficionados, curiosos, elephant ear eaters and more.
From most accounts, the TRF and DID involvement were at times frustrating, but ultimately aimed at making the event a success.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Hey guys! Biked over to check this out in the hot
Saturday sun....

to be honest,... I found this much more enjoyable
than anything offered at the "tent" this year.

The overlap of sound wasn't too bad,... but
overall the effect was great.,...

Took me back to the old days of the festival before
Headwaters when there were bands continuosly
at Freiman, the old parking lot for the City/County Bldg
and the Landing....

Hope this carries over to next year! :wink:

and free, that's my favorite price...

Less is always more